Last 2 Hunts: Russian Coins in Front of Trump Buildings and a Flattened '27 Wheat Penny!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
1st Hunt (May 12th): I went for an after work hunt with the SS and even though the conditions were awesome as I worked offshore, there was no yellow to show for it. I was out for close to 4 hours but the best that I could manage was the crucifix which may or may not be silver. :roll:

2nd Hunt (May 15th): I had day long training north of my school that I thought would last after 4pm leaving little time to get out and detect to a beach that I haven’t been to in a while just north of there. I found out before they let us out for lunch that it was scheduled to last at the most until 3:30 pm. At this point, I decided I would take advantage of the hour that they gave us for lunch and go home, pick up the SS and the rest of the equipment, have some leftover lasagna from Mother’s Days and head back to the meeting. :yes: I flew home got everything and ate and made it back with a few minutes to spare. :neo: I was now happy that I had something to look forward to at the end of that horrendous meeting.:clapping:

We were released at about 3:20 and before 4pm I was in the water hunting. I hunted until after sundown around just past 8pm. No gold either on this hunt, but I did hit upon at least 2 of my 3 (if not all 3) Russian coins in front of the Trump Towers near Sunny Isle. Coincidence or conspiracy of something sinister? I’ll leave it for you to decide my fellow pirates. Today, as I cleaned the greenie that I thought was a quarter, I was shocked to find a “1927” date on one side and “One Cent” on the other. :shock: Evidently, it’s a flattened Wheatie and a very neat find! Even though I didn’t score any yellow with either hunt it was great to get out.

Attachments

• 5-12-17.jpg
    5-12-17.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 306
  • 5-15-17.jpg
    5-15-17.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 5-15-17 Russian coins (1).jpg
    5-15-17 Russian coins (1).jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 5-15-17 Russian coins (2).jpg
    5-15-17 Russian coins (2).jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 293
  • 5-15-17 Wheat (1).jpg
    5-15-17 Wheat (1).jpg
    26 KB · Views: 276
  • 5-15-17 Wheat (2).jpg
    5-15-17 Wheat (2).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Great job mate. Hopefully the yellow will show up soon. What the best method you clean the greenie?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

<<<Deleted by Admin>>>
:laughing:

What the best method you clean the greenie?

Usually I'll just rub some "Bar Keeper's Friend" with my fingers. If I want stuff really looking good I'll tumble it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on getting in the water.

No gold, so it must just be coincidence. Conspiracies usually pay better.

Cool

Finds Felix, the crew is getting rough on you bro., tell them ya can't find gold all the time, no one can :lol: how ever my 2 cent's is WERE IS THE EYE CANDY :roll::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom