Full face mask for snuba/scuba

Steve

Forum Supporter
Anyone hear of it or try 1? Similar the full face mask for snorkel diving but for shallow diving instead.
100 years ago they had something similar to what I'm thinking... a fish bowl helmet.

After being a diver for 30 yrs, two things come to mind. If used for diving beyond 10', the ability to clear your ears wont work for most people if they cant squeeze there nose with fingers. Most full face masks prevent you from reaching the nose. Also shallow diving for me is less than 50', in the event or regulator failure at depth, when switching to octopus, you would loose the ability to use your mask due to primary regulator being built into it. Not a problem for experienced diver but still could create panic situation for some.

Get below a couple of feet and the pressure on your face will stop you going any further, they are great for snorkeling but that's about it. I'd advise trying one on first if possible so you're sure it's a good fit otherwise it will leak. I use an original Easybreathe (there are cheap fakes out there)

Back
Top Bottom