Let's see your best looking dug Indian head penny!

Some real beauties here in this thread...I am enjoying looking at them all.
Just for a change here is one that is not so pretty but at the time the most beautiful coin I ever dug because it was my first IH and oldest coin to that point found with the Compadre..
Bent up and almost destroyed by mowers or something, I had to use a hammer to straighten it out and so crusty I had to use a ton of elbow grease to get it looking even this good.
Couldn't be any happier or prouder of myself when I found it.
Still remember that feeling.
Its nice to see posts like that. I remember my first IHP like it was yesterday. I got so excited I called my brother.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Some real beauties here in this thread...I am enjoying looking at them all.

Just for a change here is one that is not so pretty but at the time the most beautiful coin I ever dug because it was my first IH and oldest coin to that point and found with the Compadre..

Bent up and almost destroyed by mowers or something, I had to use a hammer to straighten it out and so crusty I had to use a ton of elbow grease to get it looking even this good.

Couldn't be any happier or prouder of myself when I found it.

Still remember that feeling.

Haha. Great story. I found mine and thought it was a wheat till I seen the shield on the back side. I yelled it's annnn innndiaaaannnn!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a collection of Indians I found last year and first of this year. I guess I need to learn how to take pictures. Couldn't get the glare off of them. The oldest one I have found is 1879.

Attachments

• IHP COLLECTION3.JPG
    IHP COLLECTION3.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IHP COLLECTION2.JPG
    IHP COLLECTION2.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 164
I found this one at one of my colonial fields. It truly has a beautiful patina and immaculate details. I don't think I'll ever find one better than this.

9f6e6895ed03109226c362763b95e646.jpg
eadbae7d79a4fcfb0c6214afa81fbcce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a collection of Indians I found last year and first of this year. I guess I need to learn how to take pictures. Couldn't get the glare off of them. The oldest one I have found is 1879.
Now thats neat! I need one of those where did you get it?
A nice dark green one I dug.
Very nice
I found this one at one of my colonial fields. It truly has a beautiful patina and immaculate details. I don't think I'll ever find one better than this.
Thats in really good shape! man thats a pretty one

1906 Indian
Did you dig that? thats in great shape

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom