1800's field, 5 COPPERS!

Nice hunting. Pretty sure that buckle dates a little bit newer than the coppers. Couldnt find a match in my book

Good to know. The area was settled in the early 1700's but the home site I was at probably dates early 1800's judging by the shape of the large cents. The buttons and cufflink were awesome! And the crotal bell made me so happy! Now if I can find a silver there.... or a two cent piece... was surprised by the absence of Indian heads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting crotal bell...

Looks like a very early one possibly, most are more ornate, and slightly more refined...

Congrats on the lot!

<°)))>{

WOW. That is an incredible site... I would get back there STAT! Gorgeous collection of Draped Busts in beautiful condition... but that buckle is really special, as are the cufflinks!! I would be all over the records trying to match that B to an old landowner if possible - should be about the same age as the busts... I bet there is still more coinage waiting there - amazing hunt!

WOW. That is an incredible site... I would get back there STAT! Gorgeous collection of Draped Busts in beautiful condition... but that buckle is really special, as are the cufflinks!! I would be all over the records trying to match that B to an old landowner if possible - should be about the same age as the busts... I bet there is still more coinage waiting there - amazing hunt!

Thanks! I agree, I can't wait to go back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom