The weird and weirder...

Man I missed a good hunt for sure but lots of traveling for me this weekend with NMDD. Cant wait to hook up with you guys again soon. Great hunt buddy!!!

Thanks a lot Mike! I hope you had fun in IL and brought back some top secret information!
I'm going to give the 06 a shot in there and see what happens,it's a VERY special site in the regard that the possibilities of REALLY good low conductors is VERY high! One of the reasons I specifically hunt silver is that anything else like copper in this area is generally TOAST! But if you throw gold into the equation, I'm ALL ears!

Super hunt IDX. That is quite the variety. Good luck with the gold.

Thanks PJ! I haven't made it out to that "secret spot" you told me about but I'll get there...right after I dig a quarter eagle out of this site in question..or a billion other things that are NOT! One thing about the Minelabs,or at least the CTX and Explorer2...I can tell MOST of the time it's a nickel just by the quality of the signal...the way it comes and goes...just very smooth and uniform. I'm sure other machines are like that to some degree but it's important in that range to be able to audibly weed some stuff out, especially when looking for coins with numbers with which I have no experience. We will see how it goes and I'll have to film in there for sure!

Thanks a lot Mike! I hope you had fun in IL and brought back some top secret information!
I'm going to give the 06 a shot in there and see what happens,it's a VERY special site in the regard that the possibilities of REALLY good low conductors is VERY high! One of the reasons I specifically hunt silver is that anything else like copper in this area is generally TOAST! But if you throw gold into the equation, I'm ALL ears!

Ya its a crazy nice site, I have hunted it before with lots of success, just need to pick through that trash!!! Cant wait to get out again soon. As for top secret info...I have nothing other than I got soaked and pulled a few silvers, nothing two exciting but found some great sites on the way!!

Those are some nice quality finds, congrats!

Thanks Jason! I was NOT thinking "shield nickel", much less 2 of them! It ain't 6 silvers but they are kind of unique...kinda like that blue marble you found. How in the heck do you find so many marbles?? I suppose living out around LA there are lots of people who have lost their marbles...:lol:

Fantastic finds congrats!

Thanks Jeff! I've been following your threads and that CTX is just mopping UP over there! I was seriously hoping for a shield trifecta but that didn't happen. You got a good one though,a nickel trifecta is pretty hard to do,actually.
Keep up the good work!:grin:

Super digs Kevin. Congrats on the Fish, the Rosie and the 2 Shields, really super digs. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! Even though I wished I had made it in your direction there was a silver lining...and a copper lining too!:grin:
Good to hear you had some success, that damn Brad sucked up another one of my Walkers!! How am I going to have a record year with Walkers with him running around??:lol: Time to break out the red herring...;)

Thanks Trapper! Even though I wished I had made it in your direction there was a silver lining...and a copper lining too!:grin:
Good to hear you had some success, that damn Brad sucked up another one of my Walkers!! How am I going to have a record year with Walkers with him running around??:lol: Time to break out the red herring...;)

Lol , after last year I was thinking I may have used up my half dollar luck .
Thinking about the possibility of not finding any this year and that I just might be ok with the thaught . Then this pretty girl shows up .
Amaizing detail put into these coins .
HH, , Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1524.jpg
    IMG_1524.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 59
Thinking about the possibility of not finding any this year and that I just might be ok with the thaught . Then this pretty girl shows up .
HH, , Dew

Quite possibly the most beautiful coin the US ever minted. Don't get me wrong the Morgan is UNREAL!! The details in the Walkers are mesmerizing. All huge silver is fun to look at though...

HH, , Dew

U DA MAN BRAD!!! congrats!!

Quite possibly the most beautiful coin the US ever minted. Don't get me wrong the Morgan is UNREAL!! The details in the Walkers are mesmerizing. All huge silver is fun to look at though...

ha ha , that's what I get for the hijack attempt .
Keven pulls the Morgan card 💪 And B-slaps me back in my place 😐
That's just whT I needed .

ha ha , that's what I get for the hijack attempt .
Keven pulls the Morgan card 💪 And B-slaps me back in my place 😐
That's just whT I needed .

No no no that's not what I was doing. It bears mentioning just because it's also a nice design! But in all reality you can't beat the Walker for beauty.
B-slap.... WHACK! :lol::lol: There's some poor sap out there looking for his first WHEAT thinking to himself..."Are those guys REALLY squabbling over Walkers and Morgans????"
Absolutely not...:grin:

No no no that's not what I was doing. It bears mentioning just because it's also a nice design! But in all reality you can't beat the Walker for beauty.
B-slap.... WHACK! :lol::lol: There's some poor sap out there looking for his first WHEAT thinking to himself..."Are those guys REALLY squabbling over Walkers and Morgans????"
Absolutely not...:grin:

I spent 5 hours in a massively large 1800, established park . Surrounded by l800's homes and guess what ... nothing even close to something the age of a wheat penny . All clad and 9 inch clad dimes . No clay reached with my lesche
Crazy how 100 years of grass clippings can make top soil. Along with some killer hunters working it over . First time I have ever seen anything like it .
I need a 30 inch coil and I might have found a wheat.

I spent 5 hours in a massively large 1800, established park . Surrounded by l800's homes and guess what ... nothing even close to something the age of a wheat penny . All clad and 9 inch clad dimes . No clay reached with my lesche

Crazy how 100 years of grass clippings can make top soil. Along with some killer hunters working it over . First time I have ever seen anything like it .

I need a 30 inch coil and I might have found a wheat.

30 inch coil? I'm in!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on your first shield nickels! Nice hunt and it looks like you have a sweet spor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats the Canadian coin?

It's a 5 cent, kinda like our half dime but it says 5 cent on it. Edward the 7th or some damn thing...silver though so that's OK. It's the second one I've found around here. Must've been a lot of Canucks down here at some point...people call them a "fishscale" or "fishy" because they're small. That's just what I hear;)

Back
Top Bottom