Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Eye Popping, Mind Blowing Finds

Old 03-30-2017, 11:26 AM

The diamonds in this park are not gem stone grade, they're more like industrial grade. They are yellow to brown in color and not nearly so valuable as gem grade diamonds. That being said, the park is still a neat place to visit. Been there, done that, didn't find a diamond.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:32 PM

There are some gem quality stones there. The one I found is white and decent clarity. The Kahn Canary diamond is known stone from there. Some of the larger stones have been cut into quality jewelry. Collectors like them due to the rarity of US diamonds. Mine is only 15pt. So maybe $150-200 stone to a collector. But valuble to me in my collection. I'll probbaly donate it to a mineral musuem when I die so people can see one. I tried loaning it to one. The museum was very excited to display a US diamond. Then director out of the blue said we don't take loan items any more, only donated. Needless to say they are not displaying the diamond. Their loss
Originally Posted by olfart View post
The diamonds in this park are not gem stone grade, they're more like industrial grade. They are yellow to brown in color and not nearly so valuable as gem grade diamonds. That being said, the park is still a neat place to visit. Been there, done that, didn't find a diamond.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by MTJosh View post
There are some gem quality stones there. The one I found is white and decent clarity. The Kahn Canary diamond is known stone from there. Some of the larger stones have been cut into quality jewelry. Collectors like them due to the rarity of US diamonds. Mine is only 15pt. So maybe $150-200 stone to a collector. But valuble to me in my collection. I'll probbaly donate it to a mineral musuem when I die so people can see one. I tried loaning it to one. The museum was very excited to display a US diamond. Then director out of the blue said we don't take loan items any more, only donated. Needless to say they are not displaying the diamond. Their loss
I sit corrected!

Old 04-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Supporter

My wife and I almost went camping near this park last fall. Instead we went to the Eden Falls area near the buffalo river, Northern Arkansas closer to home. Hmm that could of been one of my 4 children scoring that diamond... For sure gonna make a trip there someday only about a 7 hour drive for us. Arkansas is a beautiful state.

MetalHead

Whites VX3,Tesoro Mojave,Lesche hand Digger, sampson 31 t handle serrated,Garrett ProPointer(waterproof)"love it"- 2017 Clad($ 30.09) Silver 3 Sterling 2 wheat 10 injun 1 V-nickle 1 tokens 5 MetalHead since 11/13/14