• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

South Dakota gives up 1980 Class Ring.

Silver King

Hello everyone! Hope your all staying warm and getting out while you can....at least for us up in the northern states that is. Did some detecting over last weekend down back in South Dakota with a buddy and brought back more finds. Saturday was a nice day but Sunday the snow was flying and the wind wasn't any help either. Did ok though...besides it's better than working.

One of the final stops on Sunday got me 2 nice finds. A 1980 Class Ring made from Argentus…and with some research found out that it is a mixture of Silver and Palladium. Not sure what the Ring is worth but Palladium as of 11/13 is $1,703 an ounce. The other good find was a 1904-S Barber Dime which has a mintage of only 800,000. Will have to do some Electrolysis to it and a few other Silver to get them cleaned up better.

Silver count this time was 12. 1 Washington Quarter, 2 Barber Dimes, 4 Merc's and 5 Roosevelt Dimes.

Dug a 1972 Kennedy Half Dollar that was with 2 Clad Dimes, 2 Older Jefferson Nickels and 18 Wheats with the bottom one being a 1924-D that I wish would have been in better condition.

Clad count was down due to Sunday's snow and wind but still dug 64 Quarters, 22 Dimes, 2 Nickels and 23 Pennies.

Other finds included a Sterling Ring with a Stone, a 1962 Vaccination Tag, another Junker Ring, a Pin with a Long Horn Skull, and a Pink Watch marked Target.

That sums up this outing and it looks like my buddy and I are headed to Iowa this coming weekend so stay tuned on what finds I unearth from there. As always, thanks for stopping by and checking out the finds and Best of Luck and HH to you all on your next outings. Silver King.

Attachments

• GOPR9947.jpg
    GOPR9947.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 453
  • Ring Side A.jpg
    Ring Side A.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 416
  • Ring Side B.jpg
    Ring Side B.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 407
  • Dirty Silver.jpg
    Dirty Silver.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 454
  • Cleaned Silver.jpg
    Cleaned Silver.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 457
  • Dirty Coins.jpg
    Dirty Coins.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 420
  • GOPR9938.jpg
    GOPR9938.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 423
Quite a nice silver haul there, SK. Guess your ground isn’t frozen too bad yet. Nice going. Hit that spot again in the Spring for sure!

Will be going back for sure next year Jimther. Ground is pretty solid around North Dakota now but the weather and temps is holding out down in Iowa so this weekend here we come!

I found a class ring much like that last year, It to was from 1980.
I haven't been able to find the owner.
Its a pretty cool ring sort of looks like a football stadium.
It to is made of Argentus.
So did you make it down here to Iowa this last week end?
where did you go?
I may give it one more shot as that it supposed to be a little warmer during the week here.
DD

1980 was about the time that alternative metals, other than gold, started being offered to high school kids. Because that was about the time that gold prices were going way up.

Sshheesskk, and now.... even wedding rings come in cheapie metals. :(

Back
Top Bottom