which model is currently selling the best?

Well,I feel like I’ve been gotten over on again ..When I had the equinox 600 I saw Minelab was selling a adapter so I could use my gray ghost,to me they sound great and I wouldn’t be without them..So,when I bought Minelabs $40 adapter the gg would not work..My cheap whites ultra lite headset worked but not the gg..Had enough of all the nonsense with that machine and Minelab and packed it up and shipped it out..
So,I bought a 800 recently.Charged that wireless module up and went and got my gray ghost to pair it up to the machine and have a little fun..Not..The module has the 1/8 not the 1/4 needed and is pretty much standard plug on all professional headphones made for metal detectors.What a let down from the door..What the hell is wrong with Minelab,I shoulda knew better from prior letdowns

Well,I feel like I’ve been gotten over on again ..When I had the equinox 600 I saw Minelab was selling a adapter so I could use my gray ghost,to me they sound great and I wouldn’t be without them..So,when I bought Minelabs $40 adapter the gg would not work..My cheap whites ultra lite headset worked but not the gg..Had enough of all the nonsense with that machine and Minelab and packed it up and shipped it out..
So,I bought a 800 recently.Charged that wireless module up and went and got my gray ghost to pair it up to the machine and have a little fun..Not..The module has the 1/8 not the 1/4 needed and is pretty much standard plug on all professional headphones made for metal detectors.What a let down from the door..What the hell is wrong with Minelab,I shoulda knew better from prior letdowns

Oh my, here we go again.

Oh my, here we go again.

Ok chillforlife,I think I as a little rude and I apologize for that..Just a little bent out of shape..The upside i just realized is my stock Minelab headphones from the 1999 explorer xs have a 1/8 end on them so maybe they’ll work.Lol.
I feel like I just bought a new Mercedes with a 8 track :laughing:

Now I have a module that will go in the junk drawer beside the $40 Minelab adapter that’s already in there..Bit I have the wireless headphones charging so maybe I’ll like them better.

Last edited:
I believe you about the gold, as I do not target it I can't speak for that type of hunting. But in the trash and heavy iron in cellars and old fairgrounds looking for relics siilver and indians, I guarantee you it's too slow and I've proved it so many times comparing signals hunting with my buddy/mentor who has been hunting since the 70s, who had the same attitude as you. He finally bought a faster machine for those situations. So like I said it is dependent on the situation. New machines have thier place and clear advantages in certain situations.by the way my mxsport was hitting silver half dimes and dimes way deeper than his excal.... so it's not just the equinox...sport was faster too in the cellars

I'm not a fan of the new Whites attempts to upgrade its why I like the old MXT...

I hunted a virgin permission in the dirt... I pulled 20 silver over a 100 wheats a ton of stuff.. after I was finished with the property I invited my NOX friend... he found 2 wheats and a newer button I missed with my MXT...

I hunt relic mode only never c&j with the MXT.. wide open no disc... I want to hear it all... 2 tone. They call me old school in the beach forum... :lol:

I'm not saying the NOX is a bad machine its just not the do all some think it is... I don't feel I would have any advantage using one my modded excal does everything I want and more...

I hunt areas that are infested with ferrous targets I know what it is to hunt in it very well... I hunt those area's because others won't or can't seem to but I hunt in PP mode the Excal will work there.. or the GT found a ton of gold with both in the iron... even with its slower processor...

Last edited:
I agree. Its about getting that coil over sites that haven't been hit or at least not very hard. I was fortunate to get permission to a cellar hole on private land. I hammered it with my Teknetics Gamma and found 5 Large Cents. Tons of buttons and crotal bells. Among other cool non ferrous relics. I recently went back with my new Equinox 600. (I am still in the learning phase with this machine.) I found Nothing at all other than pieces of iron nails. Maybe I just need more swing time in with the new 600 to unlock it's potential over the Tek Gamma.

I'm not a fan of the new Whites attempts to upgrade its why I like the old MXT...

I hunted a virgin permission in the dirt... I pulled 20 silver over a 100 wheats a ton of stuff.. after I was finished with the property I invited my NOX friend... he found 2 wheats and a newer button I missed with my MXT...

I hunt relic mode only never c&j with the MXT.. wide open no disc... I want to hear it all... 2 tone. They call me old school in the beach forum... :lol:

I'm not saying the NOX is a bad machine its just not the do all some think it is... I don't feel I would have any advantage using one my modded excal... does everything I want and more...

I hunt areas that are infested with ferrous targets I know what it is to hunt in it very well... I hunt those area's because others won't or can't seem to but I hunt in PP mode the Excal will work there.. or the GT found a ton of gold with both in the iron... even with its slower processor...

I'm not saying the NOX is a bad machine its just not the do all some think it is... I don't feel I would have any advantage using one my modded excal does everything I want and more...

We have a site we have been working that is what finally changed his mind. I have somewhere +- 50 silver coins and closing in on 150 indians shield/vnicks and such. My buddy has around 20 silvers and various coins to add to that .1 merc being the newest coin and the fluke in a couple hundred coins. The rest were pre 1910. First he was running a tesoro before we found out how deep every was(6 inches minimum). Sport found so many signals the tesori just couldn't see. So he brought out the excal which did much better, yet still wanst getting a signal when comparing some of the signals that my sport was tagging every time no matter what settings he tried(I run in all metal). These areas he wasn't getting the signals were the booth locations for the fair. There was just to much in the ground so deep too let the excal get it done. As we keep hitting this place we find less and less, so I can't speak for the equinox as well because of the different conditions of no longer being virgin grounds. But it's never come out skunked yet and hasn't hit it in enough settings, but I'm not expecting a whole new slew of silver from it. There have been coins as deep as I know we are missing them, some have come out in 12-14 inch range. But I still dont own the right detector to get after them. Point being there was a detector that just wasn't deep enough, there is one that was too slow. Then there was one that was fast enough and deep enough to make huge strides in seeing signals the others couldn't. All while still hitting every signal the others could. So for this site and type of hunting it absolutely matters just as I'm sure it matters why those excals seem to suck gold outta the ground where my sport doesn't like it nearly as much. Still new to the nox with only a couple hundred hours but so far it's done a few things the sport couldn't and everything it could. Yet not positive on deep silver yet as I don't have the experience with it yet in those terms. But i bet it won't do everything better. My point being you made a clear statement that you don't need newer detectors and the old one will find everything they can, and in my experience that's simply not true

We have a site we have been working that is what finally changed his mind. I have somewhere +- 50 silver coins and closing in on 150 indians shield/vnicks and such. My buddy has around 20 silvers and various coins to add to that .1 merc being the newest coin and the fluke in a couple hundred coins. The rest were pre 1910. First he was running a tesoro before we found out how deep every was(6 inches minimum). Sport found so many signals the tesori just couldn't see. So he brought out the excal which did much better, yet still wanst getting a signal when comparing some of the signals that my sport was tagging every time no matter what settings he tried(I run in all metal). These areas he wasn't getting the signals were the booth locations for the fair. There was just to much in the ground so deep too let the excal get it done. As we keep hitting this place we find less and less, so I can't speak for the equinox as well because of the different conditions of no longer being virgin grounds. But it's never come out skunked yet and hasn't hit it in enough settings, but I'm not expecting a whole new slew of silver from it. There have been coins as deep as I know we are missing them, some have come out in 12-14 inch range. But I still dont own the right detector to get after them. Point being there was a detector that just wasn't deep enough, there is one that was too slow. Then there was one that was fast enough and deep enough to make huge strides in seeing signals the others couldn't. All while still hitting every signal the others could. So for this site and type of hunting it absolutely matters just as I'm sure it matters why those excals seem to suck gold outta the ground where my sport doesn't like it nearly as much. Still new to the nox with only a couple hundred hours but so far it's done a few things the sport couldn't and everything it could. Yet not positive on deep silver yet as I don't have the experience with it yet in those terms. But i bet it won't do everything better. My point being you made a clear statement that you don't need newer detectors and the old one will find everything they can, and in my experience that's simply not true

Using an Excal in the dirt would not be my first choice.. get a PI if you want to really clean it out or wait for the Fisher AQ to come out... a PI with discrimination... I used a Minelab GT in the dirt what a mistake that was... its slower than the Excal processor... its why I don't own them anymore.

Hopefully it will be out this century :laughing:

Looking back at my Nox 800 purchase I have some second thoughts. I ordered mine in March 2018 and received it 3 days later from a small dealer that did not have a big backlog like Kellyco and other large dealers.

I got totally caught up on the hype from Minelab and others on several metal detecting forums.

If I could go back in time and do it over I would have done a lot more research on my upgrade from my AT Pro. Remember back in March 2018 not many had the Equinox in their hands. So some of the negatives were not becoming apparent.

When I say negatives, these are different things to different people due to your hunting styles.

The narrow TID range has me working harder than I think I should work to ID iffy targets.

I simply did not look at or consider Whites, XP Deus and other good models available at the time.

A number of experience detectorists on these forum cautioned about buying early and not waiting til some solid field results had come in. They were right.

Am I happy with my 800 now? I guess so, but I still wonder what it would be like with an XP Deus, or other mid-range detectors. I don't have the budget to have multiple detectors to work with.

So I will either keep the 800 (likely) or sell it and carefully research and buy some other established mid-level priced detector that has been in the field a couple of years.

Looking back at my Nox 800 purchase I have some second thoughts. I ordered mine in March 2018 and received it 3 days later from a small dealer that did not have a big backlog like Kellyco and other large dealers.

I got totally caught up on the hype from Minelab and others on several metal detecting forums.

If I could go back in time and do it over I would have done a lot more research on my upgrade from my AT Pro. Remember back in March 2018 not many had the Equinox in their hands. So some of the negatives were not becoming apparent.

When I say negatives, these are different things to different people due to your hunting styles.

The narrow TID range has me working harder than I think I should work to ID iffy targets.

I simply did not look at or consider Whites, XP Deus and other good models available at the time.

A number of experience detectorists on these forum cautioned about buying early and not waiting til some solid field results had come in. They were right.

Am I happy with my 800 now? I guess so, but I still wonder what it would be like with an XP Deus, or other mid-range detectors. I don't have the budget to have multiple detectors to work with.

So I will either keep the 800 (likely) or sell it and carefully research and buy some other established mid-level priced detector that has been in the field a couple of years.

Tell you right now a Deus won’t ID as good as Nox on average.
So you can stop dwelling on a Deus if good to best ID is your dream.

Detector ID can be an advantage or disadvantage. They will all lie to you at times no matter how good.

If you would have already dug a gold coin with your Nox, then how would you feel about it?

Better watch the EQx 800, it will hunt.

Go look over at Dankowski forum. Gent over there who lives in Illinois I think is ditching all his Minelab CTX units. Why? Guess
Here’s thread. Poster MCcroryjewelry2. Gent hunts a lot.
I actually sold this gent a CTX some time back. I think he had 3 CTX at one time too. He thought the CTX was the cat’s meow. Not anymore.
https://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,166825,page=10

He has found the light with the EQX.

So, do what you want.

I know Nox is one bad azz detector be it milder ground or higher mineralized. EQX 800 with 11” dd coil is the absolutely most versatile one detector one coil setup currently on the market. The whole truth and nothing but the truth. You try to answer with another detector and a one coil setup -can’t be done. (Closet thing would be Deus with 11” X35 coil. Would take multiple coils and when a person does this they put themselves at a disadvantage depending.

A White’s MXT won’t find anything a Nokta Anfibio won’t find. Coil size for coil size. And I already know what can happen to a person running an Anfibio against a EQX in my neck of the woods. I’ll let you guess.

Hint:
Default settings on EQX in milder ground detecting not the best to use loads of times.

If one is finding old coins with At Pro in old house site, I would bet the farm EQX will find more that At Pro missed. Deeper and masked. Person has to know how to run EQX and what it telling them. When I first got my Nox if I would have based my opinion on it after using for 50 hours, I sure wouldn’t have give it a grade A rating.
But after 50 more I would have. And after 200 an A+ rating.

Cheers.

Last edited:

I'm pretty much like you, don't want multiple machines.Waste of space and money in my opinion..I work too hard to tie up loot in machines when they all find the same pretty much.
I've owned and used the mx sport, at max, multi kruzer , etrac, deus and now a equinox 800..But I've had the nox 600 prior.
All those machines get the same depth in my Pennsylvania soil, maybe a inch or 2 different from one machine to the next depending in the place I hunt, but no earth shattering difference or a reason to pick one over the other.
It's all what you want, they all have downfalls.I will say this, the mx sport is just as deep and definitely more accurate on IDing what's in the ground than any of the others mentioned.
Lots of folks are hung up on multi frequency and aside from bad dirt or saltwater it don't make any difference,,at least in my soil..dont go any deeper or unlock any old sites.
I look at features and not so much reviews on what I want.Truth is if I went by reviews I wouldn't have bought the 800, cause there's been alot of issues raised in the last 6 weeks on these units..But like all new releases there will be issues to work out, and minelab repair center is close to me here in Pennsylvania.
Good luck with your machine, I'll give mine a few good runs and see what turns up.

Tell you right now a Deus won’t ID as good as Nox on average.
So you can stop dwelling on a Deus if good to best ID is your dream.

Detector ID can be an advantage or disadvantage. They will all lie to you at times no matter how good.

If you would have already dug a gold coin with your Nox, then how would you feel about it?

Better watch the EQx 800, it will hunt.

Go look over at Dankowski forum. Gent over there who lives in Illinois I think is ditching all his Minelab CTX units. Why? Guess
Here’s thread. Poster MCcroryjewelry2. Gent hunts a lot.
I actually sold this gent a CTX some time back. I think he had 3 CTX at one time too. He thought the CTX was the cat’s meow. Not anymore.
https://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,166825,page=10

He has found the light with the EQX.

So, do what you want.

I know Nox is one bad azz detector be it milder ground or higher mineralized. EQX 800 with 11” dd coil is the absolutely most versatile one detector one coil setup currently on the market. The whole truth and nothing but the truth. You try to answer with another detector and a one coil setup -can’t be done. (Closet thing would be Deus with 11” X35 coil. Would take multiple coils and when a person does this they put themselves at a disadvantage depending.

A White’s MXT won’t find anything a Nokta Anfibio won’t find. Coil size for coil size. And I already know what can happen to a person running an Anfibio against a EQX in my neck of the woods. I’ll let you guess.

Hint:
Default settings on EQX in milder ground detecting not the best to use loads of times.

If one is finding old coins with At Pro in old house site, I would bet the farm EQX will find more that At Pro missed. Deeper and masked. Person has to know how to run EQX and what it telling them. When I first got my Nox if I would have based my opinion on it after using for 50 hours, I sure wouldn’t have give it a grade A rating.

Cheers.

You dirt guys are way too intense :laughing:

1-2” of deep advantage. Seems some may think this is unimportant.
Okay. You feel that way. Get you a Pro and hunt away.
Then the Etrac, Deus, Eqx, Anfibio users will come behind you and get more goods.

Maybe some don’t like digging deeper holes. That’s ok too. Just don’t complain when you don’t find much or you hear a story where someone went in behind you and struck paydirt.

When I first got my Nox if I would have based my opinion on it after using for 50 hours, I sure wouldn’t have give it a grade A rating.

Cheers.

Tn, im pretty sure you have a full page evaluation and opinion on the equinox before anyone had one and you had no hours on the machine.I remember you starting that thread before anyone had it.
As far as digging deep, I will but I gotta know what's there..Etrac is the only machine I'd believe to tell the truth on that.
Anfibio is like the kruzer, digging alot of junk at depth..Good relic machines I guess but for coins the racer2 is the best those companies have to offer in my opinion.
Deus is a pig in a poke also on deep coins

Tn, im pretty sure you have a full page evaluation and opinion on the equinox before anyone had one and you had no hours on the machine.I remember you starting that thread before anyone had it.
As far as digging deep, I will but I gotta know what's there..Etrac is the only machine I'd believe to tell the truth on that.
Anfibio is like the kruzer, digging alot of junk at depth..Good relic machines I guess but for coins the racer2 is the best those companies have to offer in my opinion.
Deus is a pig in a poke also on deep coins

No, I gave my evaluation of machine as my hours passed using it.

1-2” of deep advantage. Seems some may think this is unimportant.
Okay. You feel that way. Get you a Pro and hunt away.
Then the Etrac, Deus, Eqx, Anfibio users will come behind you and get more goods.

Maybe some don’t like digging deeper holes. That’s ok too. Just don’t complain when you don’t find much or you hear a story where someone went in behind you and struck paydirt.

Stop TN... I can hold my own with my MXT against the NOX>.. I don't really care whether you believe it or not but its a fact.

Blasphemy!!!

Let’s burn him at the stake!

Back
Top Bottom