Can the Ace 250 detect gold nuggets

As far as I know, this kind of metal detector can find gold nuggets. The Garrett ace 250 is a lightweight metal detector that will give you the best bang for your metal detecting buck – if you used correctly. It is geared toward finding buried coins, but it will also detect jewelry, gold nuggets and metal junk. Just set your detector to “All-metal” mode so you can experience the different sounds that materials make when the Ace 250 gets a hit.

As far as I know, this kind of metal detector can find gold nuggets. The Garrett ace 250 is a lightweight metal detector that will give you the best bang for your metal detecting buck – if you used correctly. It is geared toward finding buried coins, but it will also detect jewelry, gold nuggets and metal junk. Just set your detector to “All-metal” mode so you can experience the different sounds that materials make when the Ace 250 gets a hit.

Well, yeah.....sorta. IF you find a really good sized nugget, your 250 should beep. But, only a small percentage of gold is in nugget form and most of those are small or in matrix with quartz. They make gold detectors for a reason......they work!!!!:D:yes::D

Dusty

Dusty is right on with this. ANY detector will find raw gold IF the nugget is large enough. Your freq is just not high enough. Ive seen a lot of people TAKING THEIR DETECTORS FOR A WALK out there in the desert not knowing they would have to trip over a nugget big enough for it to beep.

Dew

I got a question about sniper coil. When I use it, should I work my detector in the similar way as I do the stock coil or I have to move the detector slower? Another question, in Northern Alaska high mineralized soil, would sniper coil help a little with or my detector will be going crazy all the time?

I got a question about sniper coil. When I use it, should I work my detector in the similar way as I do the stock coil or I have to move the detector slower? Another question, in Northern Alaska high mineralized soil, would sniper coil help a little with or my detector will be going crazy all the time?

What type of detector do you plan on using???

Dusty

with the sniper ya might wanna go slower since your covering less area, as far as mineralization goes they do make a DD sniper coil. DD coils are better for mineralized soils. i have an excelerator 5" DD which is good for trashy areas and target seperation. but it really does depend on your detector being used

Ace 250, that's the name of the topic ;) I know it's not a dedicated detector but it's all I got. I cant invest money right now for a more advanced detector, as I'm graduating from college right now. I'm going to work for 5 months at Cold Foot Camp and I'll have some time to play around there. I cant bring too much stuff with me because I'm flying from lower 48, so my prospecting equipment has to stay home...

Ace 250, that's the name of the topic ;) I know it's not a dedicated detector but it's all I got. I cant invest money right now for a more advanced detector, as I'm graduating from college right now. I'm going to work for 5 months at Cold Foot Camp and I'll have some time to play around there. I cant bring too much stuff with me because I'm flying from lower 48, so my prospecting equipment has to stay home...

might wanna also consider tryin out some panning while up there.....whatever ya do don't join that crew from "alaska gold rush" they don't find crap:lol:

A sniper coil on the 250 isn't going to help you find nuggets, unless you find a really BIG nugget!!! Most nuggets are small (despite what you see on the treasure shows) and for those it takes a machine with a higher frequency starting around 14 kHz and on up.

Dusty

Dusty

So, on your opinion, it's not worth it to bring the 250?

If you know about where the "mother lode" is, yes. Otherwise, rent or buy a dedicated gold metal detector, it will probably make your trip much more rewarding......

Dusty

this video shows that the 250 will pick up a gram nugget outa the air but not on the ground, now this was with the stock coil. sniper coils are better for smaller objects but like dusty said the frequency is low on the ace. it would be interesting ta see if a sniper coil would of picked up that gram nugget off the ground tho. i'd still bring the detector along, still would be fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21gH6H30-Oo

Back
Top Bottom