Surely the MAX can do better than this?

oh my gonna watch the video but I bet my buddy the hunter gt will stir it up a bit...lol update watched the video and the max was LACKING bad! action starts around the 7 min mark..

Last edited:
Certainly didn't impress with the stock coil, i don't think i could stand that crackling audio for long before i wrapped it around a tree.

be careful the garrett fans will stone you !:laughing: really thought that test has to be a joke right! Someone with the max please post a video of what it will really do on that test. :?: Watch out hunter they are coming for you...

Dunno , I pulled a rosie and a merc on a lot with my Max that I've hit many, many times with my F75 ltd SE with multiple coils. My buddy who I hunt with has used his CTX and an ATP on that same lot , pulled a SLQ that we had both passed over hundreds of times. He lives closer to the lot so he hunts it more often than I do. All 3 coins were buried in nails and other trash but the Max was able to cut through the iron for a high tone indicating a good target.

Hunter GT is a Fisher dealer so he has a bias opinion. The persnickety lil quip about using a 5 cent plastic bag wouldn't work in a lake. So I guess that would rule out any water hunting for GT. If he stays home because of a threat of rain maybe he isn't a hardcore hunter like many of us. More of a fair weather everything has to be perfect conditions kind of hunter because of the machines he uses. Talks the talk but can't walk the walk. Appears to me he's trying to sell a few machines for Christmas.

Air test on a box may look bad/good but real world in the ground the MAX pulls good targets out of trash. I assume the T2 is a great machine like my F75 but one would be a fool to trust only a test on a box as opposed to actually using a Max for any length of time.

When one of you finds that one machine that is perfect and can do it all, please post it on this forum and let us know which machine that is. In the meantime I will keep using different machines enjoying my hobby and not bash other machines because not everyone has the same budget. Belittling a machine because of bias serves no constructive purpose. It does however say a lot about the person with the bias. We all live in different areas of the United States/world. We all do different kinds of hunting. I'm not going to find Colonial coins or Civil War relics in Houston tx. I can however hit old home sites and water hunt all the while enjoying my hobby as much as the guy who lives in Pa. who has the opportunity to find colonial coins.

Ya, I know the Garrett fanboy quips are coming. Bring it, you have no truth behind your perceived belief. I'm actually buying another machine to try because I just flat out love this hobby.

Dunno , I pulled a rosie and a merc on a lot with my Max that I've hit many, many times with my F75 ltd SE with multiple coils. My buddy who I hunt with has used his CTX and an ATP on that same lot , pulled a SLQ that we had both passed over hundreds of times. He lives closer to the lot so he hunts it more often than I do. All 3 coins were buried in nails and other trash but the Max was able to cut through the iron for a high tone indicating a good target.

Hunter GT is a Fisher dealer so he has a bias opinion. The persnickety lil quip about using a 5 cent plastic bag wouldn't work in a lake. So I guess that would rule out any water hunting for GT. If he stays home because of a threat of rain maybe he isn't a hardcore hunter like many of us. More of a fair weather everything has to be perfect conditions kind of hunter because of the machines he uses. Talks the talk but can't walk the walk. Appears to me he's trying to sell a few machines for Christmas.

Air test on a box may look bad/good but real world in the ground the MAX pulls good targets out of trash. I assume the T2 is a great machine like my F75 but one would be a fool to trust only a test on a box as opposed to actually using a Max for any length of time.

When one of you finds that one machine that is perfect and can do it all, please post it on this forum and let us know which machine that is. In the meantime I will keep using different machines enjoying my hobby and not bash other machines because not everyone has the same budget. Belittling a machine because of bias serves no constructive purpose. It does however say a lot about the person with the bias. We all live in different areas of the United States/world. We all do different kinds of hunting. I'm not going to find Colonial coins or Civil War relics in Houston tx. I can however hit old home sites and water hunt all the while enjoying my hobby as much as the guy who lives in Pa. who has the opportunity to find colonial coins.

Ya, I know the Garrett fanboy quips are coming. Bring it, you have no truth behind your perceived belief. I'm actually buying another machine to try because I just flat out love this hobby.

Wow, You are going to buy another Max? What a great idea. Could you possibly duplicate in detail (equipment and settings) the same nail board tests as we seen in Hunters video and make us a video so we can see what you feel would be a non biased version? I would very much like to see that. Then no one should have any questions. Thanks in advance

Wow, You are going to buy another Max? What a great idea. Could you possibly duplicate in detail (equipment and settings) the same nail board tests as we seen in Hunters video and make us a video so we can see what you feel would be a non biased version? I would very much like to see that. Then no one should have any questions. Thanks in advance

Apparently you missed the point. Derp ! Why would I need another Max ?

Please do a nail board test like hunter did and show us your results.,... I don't buy into that idea that real world hunting is that much different than test. I know test are controlled but if it wont do good in iron on a controlled test how am I to believe it will magically do better in the field. It wont do it in my garden it aint never gonna make it to the field ..... I try to look at things from a real perspective and you guys know I'm not a garrett fan.. I can take a ace 150 out into a iron patch and find some non ferrous targets does that make it a good detector in iron? How do I know the ace series are not good for iron? TEST that's how , all you newbies reading this don't buy into that it will do better in the field than it does on test theory. There are major factors in the field such as you might have just missed the spot with the other detectors and such.. I will add another thing and you can take this to the bank if a detector STRUGGLES with a same plane nail test its gonna stink on a 3d nail test which is more like a REAL world hunting scenario. Someone rent me a at max for a week and ill make a video and send it back to you, I cant afford 600.00 bucks right now with the equinox on the horizion. Some will disagree about the test comments and that's fine but if you want to know how something performs what do you do ?? TEST IT......

A brand new Garrett bashing thread!

Yay!!

This forum could use another category for Garrett bashing threads.. You guys would wear it out lol...

<°)))>{

Please do a nail board test like hunter did and show us your results.,... I don't buy into that idea that real world hunting is that much different than test. I know test are controlled but if it wont do good in iron on a controlled test how am I to believe it will magically do better in the field. It wont do it in my garden it aint never gonna make it to the field ..... I try to look at things from a real perspective and you guys know I'm not a garrett fan.. I can take a ace 150 out into a iron patch and find some non ferrous targets does that make it a good detector in iron? How do I know the ace series are not good for iron? TEST that's how , all you newbies reading this don't buy into that it will do better in the field than it does on test theory. There are major factors in the field such as you might have just missed the spot with the other detectors and such.. I will add another thing and you can take this to the bank if a detector STRUGGLES with a same plane nail test its gonna stink on a 3d nail test which is more like a REAL world hunting scenario. Someone rent me a at max for a week and ill make a video and send it back to you, I cant afford 600.00 bucks right now with the equinox on the horizion. Some will disagree about the test comments and that's fine but if you want to know how something performs what do you do ?? TEST IT......

Then you have very little understanding of metal detecting.

TEST IT, I have, in real dirt. Something you haven't done.

Apparently you missed the point. Derp ! Why would I need another Max ?

Quote: Ya, I know the Garrett fanboy quips are coming. Bring it, you have no truth behind your perceived belief. I'm actually buying another machine to try because I just flat out love this hobby.

Then we are now to assume that the other machine is other than a Max? Derp!

Quote: Ya, I know the Garrett fanboy quips are coming. Bring it, you have no truth behind your perceived belief. I'm actually buying another machine to try because I just flat out love this hobby.

Then we are now to assume that the other machine is other than a Max? Derp!

Do you ever think before writing Hunter GT ? Why would I need to try two different Max's ? Another would be your first clue. Double Derp !!

I'm not bashing just commenting on what I saw, you already know I think the garrett series is over rated except for the water proof feature. For the money I think there are way better performers out there..... would like to test one myself though and shoot a video but like I said cant afford it at this moment with the equinox coming out. Are we gonna go down that road of you insulted my kid or shot my dog because someone said something negative about a beloved brand of detector... The REAL question out all this is and should be is it TRUE?

Yay!!

This forum could use another category for Garrett bashing threads.. You guys would wear it out lol...

<°)))>{

No, not Garrett bashing, it is about proven testing methods and when the results do not flatter one particular brand then there seem to be individuals who try to do a "work around".

Yay!!

<°)))>{

The energy that Hunter GT aka bowwinkles and calaBASH put forth into Garrett bashing , I think could be used elsewhere like actual detecting. But hey, that's just me.

Do you ever think before writing Hunter GT ? Why would I need to try two different Max's ? Another would be your first clue. Double Derp !!

Pardon me, I am not Hunter GT. He is a friend through the internet, and I only wish I was as talented as he is with metal detecting. I respectfully asked you to do a test and now I am a Derp. You did not specify the machine you were buying, but as written it gave the impression that it was another Max. It is beginning to look like if BS was asphalt you sir would be a 4 lane highway.

Back
Top Bottom