• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Nokta/Makro Simplex Mod

Sven

Elite Member
Many know I like to tinker with metal detectors and customize them to my personal tastes......So that is what I did to my Simplex. Since it is not the version with the wireless headphones and need to use the supplied wired headphone adapter, a mod was made. The supplied wired headphone adapter is too short, the wire kind of whimpy. Also, did not place the headphone wires in a position that wasn't cumbersome. A much longer adapter was made up, so the headphones can be plugged in by the arm cuff. Now the headphone wire will run up the side of the body. Out of the way. Less chance of snag ups or pulling your headphones off the top off your head when you lay the detector down. Not pictured, when the headphones are plugged in, the wires is secured with a cable tie thru the arm cuff strap slots. I can also go wireless using an aftermarket wireless headphone. I can plug in the transmitter into the adapter jack and place the transmitter in the convenient holder under the armcuff. Very nice set-up. As you can now water hunt, a bit deeper.

Attachments

• 1ADAPTER800.JPG
    1ADAPTER800.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 1,949
  • 1AADAPTER800.JPG
    1AADAPTER800.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 1,904
  • 2ADAPTER800.jpg
    2ADAPTER800.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,941
  • 3ADAPTER800.jpg
    3ADAPTER800.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,830
Brilliant! I've done the same wiring except it was for my Tesoro, G2, and Omega detectors. I don't like the headphone cable attached to the control housing. Your's looks professional and mine looks homemade, but it works. lol

beephead

What bluetooth transmitter are you using? I have bluetooth headphones already. I was considering the Simplex as a second detector but I didn't want to spring for the extra $90 headphones so if a BT transmitter and extension wire can be done for less...that might be the way to go.

What bluetooth transmitter are you using? I have bluetooth headphones already. I was considering the Simplex as a second detector but I didn't want to spring for the extra $90 headphones so if a BT transmitter and extension wire can be done for less...that might be the way to go.

Did you ever find a Bluetooth transmitter that will work with the Simplex?

Back
Top Bottom