The Lagina Brothers New TV Series

As I read this their show is on in the background. I too mock this show, but for some reason flip it on when I can. I dont have cable or Satellite TV, at my house, but whatch it when I travel, perhaps its because I despise flipping channels to see what else is on.

To further the irony here, I am probably one of the few guys who detects but believes about 90%+ of the treasure legends are BS, and the other 10% were found years ago.

We must remember they are "Reality Shows". Whose reality I have absolutely no idea. Certainly Not mine. So each one that comes out I throw the Yellow BS Flag. Those shows are dirt cheap to make and the advertisers pay up big time to get their ads on the shows because people want to believe that they really ":Might" be something to those claims.
As long as people will watch they will continue to make them.

Look at how many of them have been floating around now. Some of them for years. One of them in Vegas would make you believe that the business was huge. Nope really a small place. Their "Experts" are not in fact experts on anything but giving a line of BS.

The one about Storage lockers Is one of the worst.

But people watch them and the advertisers get their moneys worth.

Heck the same people that believe those shows are true will argue with that Bigfoot is real.

WHAT! Bigfoots not real?

Back in the 1950's on the Walt Disney show, Fess Parker played Davy Crockett and in one episode he had to fight a guy named "Bigfoot Mason". :lol:

I remember that episode. And it's further proof to me that Bigfoot has been around at least since the Davey Crockett days.

I first read about Oak Island from the same readers digest article that the Lagina bros did, so Ive always been interested in any new hunts that happened there.

I thought that with all of the modern equipment on hand, they would have the best chance at finding something, anything. After 7 seasons, maybe 7 so so items? Im not thinking a new show by them would be much interesting.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!

I think the ex slave found it all, and laughed all the way to the bank! :laughing:

Please oh please oh please don't torture me !

With the amount of "evidence" these clowns come up with, I can spin an equal amount of "iron-clad treasure evidence" from my own back-yard !

Eg.: "mysterious shapes" and "local lore" , and "uncanny rocks", and "conspiratorial govt. coverups", and a "strange squiggle drawing I found", and a "treasure map I bought from the guy on the street corner with a stellar unquestionable lineage" blah blah blah.

Please, someone tell me when I can stop vomiting !

Not until you go over to another forum you used to visit and read all the posts under cache hunting.

all the reality shows are scripted

amen to that. Rush Limbaugh had a reality show about golf and he later admitted that his show was all scripted down to the last detail.

Reality TV shows grew out of the TV writers strike. They rushed in these reality TV shows with no name stars. The found out people would watch and they had to pay literally nothing for these non-stars to fill in the gaps of programming.

Thus they have since been on forever. Thanks TV Writers, you screwed up TV in America.

But we do have streaming services like netflix, hbo, prime etc for much better shows than any !!!! on broadcast tv. Even the evening news is scripted.

Tom....I'd love to read a couple of yarns you can spin about finding Large Cents and Colonial coins in your back yard.:laughing:

Heck, Tom could spin a believable yarn just with finding two crusty 1975 memorials in his back yard.

this is a challenge Tom. You could start it out like the lyrics from an REO Speedway song.

Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from another you been messin' around...

If you remember that episode KOB then you’ve been around since the Davy Crockett days:laughing:
Just having some lockdown fun.

Yup ! I loved those old shows like Daniel Boone , Get Smart , Gilligan's Island , The Bananna Splits...compared to the garbage sitcoms on today. Kinda like scooping pulltabs. Sounds great for 1 minute , until you pull it out of your scoop...

Well I confess I generally enjoy Curse of Oak Island although it is wearing a bit thin now...

I don't believe there is any treasure on there, but the island has a lot of history and it's interesting what they do uncover from time to time from that perspective..

I am also in awe of the equipment and the sheer scale of their endevor ie the dam at Smiths Cove, the numerous bore holes, and all those casings they have put in...

I would love to know the business model behind the actual search and the show...they seem to have more and more "hangers on" appear in each series and I do wonder if these "hangers on" basically pay (with cash or services) to be on the show.???

Anyway, I enjoy it more than another similar series we get from the States: "Lost Gold".. the two brothers in that don't look like they could find their arse in a pair of pants! lol

Heck, Tom could spin a believable yarn just with finding two crusty 1975 memorials in his back yard.

this is a challenge Tom. You could start it out like the lyrics from an REO Speedway song.

Heard it from another you been messin' around...

Not until you go over to another forum you used to visit and read all the posts under cache hunting.

haha, just now seeing this. Brought a smile to my morning here in CA . Yup, another "bee in my bonnet", haha

Back
Top Bottom