Culpeper bound

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Will be leaving in the tomorrow morning headed out to the JGD Relic hunt. I think this will be my 9th hunt with JGD and it is always a great time and lots of history coming out of the ground.
This time around I will be running the trusty Deus with the 11 X 13 coil as well as the 9" when needed. I will also be running the equinox 800 with the stock as well as the 16" coil, and finally the Nokta Impact with the stock coil as well as the BIG IM40 coil. Will be tossing in the AT Pro for good measure and a loaner if anyone needs one.
We will be hunting the Confederate lines of a battle so who knows what will come out! Now if the snow stays away!

Last edited:
Good luck buddy, wish us Mo. boys could make another one soon. Maybe next time. Hope you pull a nice haul of relics bud.

Good luck that's some of the hottest ground around, hope you can get some depth and make some great findsšŸ˜Š

Thanks for the well wished guys. Miss seeing Chip and Bob but hey maybe next time.
Day one I found a half dozen bullets and a few pieces of shell fragments. The hunt as a whole is going great with some confederate buttons dug as well as a gold coin, a couple half reales, spurs, and several complete shells.
I am ready to crash and do it all again tomorrow.

Thanks for the update , it's looking good for you it sounds like, get some rest and get after it tomorrow. Hope you find a bucket lister and a whole lot of relics buddy. Good luck man.

Well the hunt is over and I have arrived home safely. It was a great time and was able to see some old friends and make a couple more new ones.
Some very awesome relic were dug on this hunt including some Virginia buttons, a nice AVM belt plate, complete cannon balls and shells and tons of other awesome finds. I will post some pic as soon as I get unpacked and back into the groove.
I did end up with some bullets and over a dozen round balls, friction primer and some flat buttons.
This
was kind of a different hunt, in the past I have hunted camps and made some nice finds but most of the bullets I pulled were drops or pulled. This hunt was at an actual battle site and these bullets were fired in the midst of battle. Men died here defending their cause. 150 years later it still sends chills down your spine knowing these men were not only dodging bullets but also cannon fire with canister shots and frags flying all over. I detected sat one of the Confederate artillery sites and found case shots and shell frags all over the site. To be expected to return fire under these conditions must have tested these men's bravery on a daily basis.
I have always said, life is about experiences and this is one that will remain with me for many years.
James and the team put on a great hunt and they are all about saving the history and the fellowship is just icing on the cake.

Great finds. Nothing like hunting a battle field. My very first relic hunt years ago was a battlefield. I havenā€™t got to hunt one since.

Best Of luck

Choppa, take a snow shovel , you might need one, VA was hit, hope your North of the mess, happy hunting.:snowshovel: PS Your North of Richmond , you should be OK

Choppa, take a snow shovel , you might need one, VA was hit, hope your North of the mess, happy hunting.:snowshovel: PS Your North of Richmond , you should be OK

Started to snow just as I was leaving Culpeper so it looks like I dodged that billet. The guys headed south hit some pretty bad roads but it looks like everyone made it home safe

Congrats on the saves buddy , nice primer still on my bucket list. And your right James always puts on some nice hunts.

Nice digs choppa! I really like the friction primer too. I havenā€™t found one yet. Hopefully will see ya on the next JGD hunt. Merry Christmas to you and your family

Back
Top Bottom