Cut Pictures

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Wanna see some layers of West Michigan strata? :laughing: I got out yesterday...I like to see those deep layers of black sand show up along an old place...

Attachments

• nov 30-18.jpg
    nov 30-18.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 604
  • nov 30-18-1.jpg
    nov 30-18-1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 644
  • nov 30-18-2.jpg
    nov 30-18-2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 627
Man did someone take their finger out of the dyke? The water level is way down! Global warning I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty cool. Does that wall eventually fall down or what?

Well, its either gonna fall down or the Lake will pile sand up against it...I think it will be stable for the Winter at a 90 degree straight up wall on account of it is frozen....the wet sand and water is huntable, but above the water line its frozen like concrete...

There was no Climbing out of this place not without ropes or a ladder anyway...I'll be back out today and see how much it has changed...

Man did someone take their finger out of the dyke? The water level is way down! Global warning I guess...

Lake Michigan has somewhat of a tide...mostly wind generated...heres the same place from a few days ago...so the wind and water took off all the slump and left a straight up frozen wall...
When the wind and waves are right, it doesn't take long for 6' of sand to come and go...sometimes a 'cut' is only open for 4hrs, then its back under 2' of sand...

Attachments

• nov 25-18.jpg
    nov 25-18.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 577
Wanna see some layers of West Michigan strata? :laughing: I got out yesterday...I like to see those deep layers of black sand show up along an old place...

Love seeing big cuts like that. Even man made cuts that reveal the different layers of dirt. That is what got me into metal detecting in a round about way. years ago when my son was 5 we saw a office parking lot hill bank that was freshly cut. It was sandy and had layers of pink and yellow sand. My son ask me what made those colors?

I researched it and along the way discovered that there was still a lot of gold areas you could still pan in North Georgia southwest of Dahlonega, GA. So that led to panning trips and that led to buying a Fisher Gold Bug which led other detectors which led to the Nox 800. Did learn a bit about geology. The red clay in Georgia resulted in a pretty deep layer of iron dust. Clays come from layers of dust laid down eons ago.

That's a Killer cut there! I love the layers and the fact there is black sand to give the cut some history. Very cool! Keep us informed on the treasures!

Unbelievable cut! Looking forward to seeing what is there.

Looks like you have found yourself an Equinox Mud?

R5

Unbelievable cut! Looking forward to seeing what is there.

Looks like you have found yourself an Equinox Mud?

R5

There really aint nothing in these big cuts! :whistle::whistle::blush2: Not worth the time except for the geological interest...Yes thats a NOX! I set it up on 'pickaxe' mode this morning for to hunt through the frozen sand...I was hitting targets, just not able to get them! :mad:

I did manage to find a dead bird this morning, so it looks like we will be having Squab for dinner!

Attachments

• dec 1-18.jpg
    dec 1-18.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 506
  • dec 1-18-1.jpg
    dec 1-18-1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 534
When mother nature cuts one it's in lake Michigan:lol:

:laughing: Yeah! She is one Cold Cruel and Greedy Mistress! tell you about this black sand here...its really heavy, magnetic, and it layers up when some sort of storm rolls in....Its hard to hunt, nothing sounds as it should, It drives a single freak crazy...I've been hunting it alright with the AtPro just on sheer determination.., but Thats why I got the NOX..to see if I can get some punch like all you Minelabbers like to yammer on about!...:laughing:

Attachments

• blow2.jpg
    blow2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 501
  • black s.jpg
    black s.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 522
:laughing: Yeah! She is one Cold Cruel and Greedy Mistress! tell you about this black sand here...its really heavy, magnetic, and it layers up when some sort of storm rolls in....Its hard to hunt, nothing sounds as it should, It drives a single freak crazy...I've been hunting it alright with the AtPro just on sheer determination.., but Thats why I got the NOX..to see if I can get some punch like all you Minelabbers like to yammer on about!...:laughing:

I deal with similar conditions. When that black sand is too much for the Excal, thats when I pull the AT Pro and away we go!

Leave it to Mud to find an Old Squaw (duck, now commonly called the Long Tailed Duck (for fairly obvious reasons)

381c6fef24e251fdf3cd0239f7a57477.jpg

Fry that sucker up, Mud. That's good eatin'.

We should keep track of all your dead animal finds. The best ever was the deer you loaded in the car. Didn't you do that with a turkey too?

There really aint nothing in these big cuts! :whistle::whistle::blush2: Not worth the time except for the geological interest...Yes thats a NOX! I set it up on 'pickaxe' mode this morning for to hunt through the frozen sand...I was hitting targets, just not able to get them! :mad:

I did manage to find a dead bird this morning, so it looks like we will be having Squab for dinner!

Well, at those temps, at least you know that bird is well preserved. :D

R5

Back
Top Bottom