"Beyond the School Gates"!

Battlecry4

Forum Supporter
I've always believed in giving something back to the community! Being both a historian and a metal detectorist I have been given the opportunity,very often at the behest of Schools to implant some of my knowledge and experience into the minds of children. I give talks to kids using humorous methods,I even sing,I get them involved using "hands on" techniques! I use pictures, projections and any other method I think will motivate them! Of course they can handle the artifacts as well! I have many letters from both children and teachers thanking me! Many of them saying "I want to be an Archaeologist when I grow up"! Only time will tell ,but at least seeds have been sown in young minds.

"HOW CAN YOU PROMOTE THE HOBBY IN YOUR AREA"??:newidea::oldguy:

My hat is off to you sir!Kids need something to intrest them other than video games and music tv.I don't know about the U.K. but we have a problem in the USA. Maybe I'm getting old.

I don't know about the U.K. but we have a problem in the USA. Maybe I'm getting old.

Ha! You're not getting old...it's everywhere. Kids with pasty, pale complections due to sitting in front of an LED/LCD screen for hours on in.

Glad to hear that you are getting some interaction in with the kids in...It only takes a spark to light that flame!

Back
Top Bottom