"Cache" finds?

Dawgs

Ok again....I'm new to all this. In the definitions section it shows "cache". A group of targets hurried in one container.

How rare is that?

Can someone give me an example of a cache find

To me a cache is: 1. multiple objects (similar or not) 2: buried. And to me it doesn't matter if the items are ordinary, (not valuable), or precious (valuable).

I have found both types of items cached and I would guess that more caches have been buried than have been found by a long shot. Burying items is a pretty common tactic to hide things.

HH!

~ Red

People report finding caches small caches on occasion. Most of the caches I hear about being discovered are not MD related. Of course, if it was a substantial cache of gold coins I'm guessing the finder would not advertise because our laws in the area of finder's rights are horrifically bad.

People report finding caches small caches on occasion. Most of the caches I hear about being discovered are not MD related. Of course, if it was a substantial cache of gold coins I'm guessing the finder would not advertise because our laws in the area of finder's rights are horrifically bad.

:shifty:

I was thinking the other day while detecting, you pretty much must have to dig large targets (at least larger than a single coin) to uncover a cache. Many of us do not do that as larger targets are likely junk (unless you are a relic hunter that loves old Mason Jar lids.) Iv'e never dug a cache or a gold ring but I hear if you want to dig gold, you have to dig pull tabs and I am guessing if you want to dig a cache you have to dig junk. You never know when that mason jar lid was from the jar that held the silver. Good luck!

Junk

I was thinking the other day while detecting, you pretty much must have to dig large targets (at least larger than a single coin) to uncover a cache. Many of us do not do that as larger targets are likely junk (unless you are a relic hunter that loves old Mason Jar lids.) Iv'e never dug a cache or a gold ring but I hear if you want to dig gold, you have to dig pull tabs and I am guessing if you want to dig a cache you have to dig junk. You never know when that mason jar lid was from the jar that held the silver. Good luck!

If I get a junk signal by a large tree or some other landmark I will did, no cache yet but who knows...

A cache can be a jar, tin ,ect of a kids favorite toys or as stated a container of gold and or silver. Anything someone felt was of enough value to them to hide. Still looking for one myself.:D

A cache can be a jar, tin ,ect of a kids favorite toys or as stated a container of gold and or silver. Anything someone felt was of enough value to them to hide. Still looking for one myself.:D

This is true, but, I have found a cache of CW bullets that were all buried in the same hole, no container evident, and it was very obvious that they had been buried together. Weapons can often be buried together like that, and / or, they could have been buried in a fiber, cloth, leather, or wood container that deteriorated to the point of basically disappearing. (Not an argument, just an observation that I've found to be true, so my definition of cache doesn't necessarily include placement in a container.)

HH!

~ Red

Back
Top Bottom