Some Silver, Sterling And A Small Surprise

jack&jill

Elite Member
Have not got out a lot the last couple of weeks. Very intense heat, very high humidity and browning lawns tend to restrict digging a bit. The four hunts I did have all produced a little treasure. Had a very nice permission for the first outing and dug a couple of Rosie's and a Merc. The second outing I went to a new to me park and was rewarded with a Merc and a Sterling Irish Claddagh Ring. Novelty of it the Ring is it was made and marketed in Ireland (Solvard). Returned to that site a couple of days later for the third hunt and only dug a Merc. The park did produce over twelve dollars in clad and 7 Wheat's in the 2 outings. The Forth hunt I went back to the school that I hit a few times earlier this year. It again gave up a couple of items with a Merc and another Sterling Ring. It also produce a small metal box that rattled when I shock it. Cleaned the box up to find it was a Bayer Aspirin container that was very common back in the 1950's. It was rusted shut so I took it home as is. Opened it in front of my wife. It did contain a coin, a 1955D Wheat Penny. The 6 Silver coins now has me at 106 FTY. Until next time, Trapper

Attachments

• 7-6-19 .jpg
    7-6-19 .jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 442
  • 7-11-19  jpg.jpg
    7-11-19 jpg.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 377
  • 7-11-19 1 .jpg
    7-11-19 1 .jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 386
  • 7-13-19 .jpg
    7-13-19 .jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 372
  • 7-20-19 .jpg
    7-20-19 .jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 373
  • 7-20-19 1 .jpg
    7-20-19 1 .jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 373
  • 7-20-19 2 .jpg
    7-20-19 2 .jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 376
  • 7-20-19 3 .jpg
    7-20-19 3 .jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 371
Nice group of finds Trapper. It sure is hot out there, I made it a whole 30 min today and wrapped it up, soaked ..Thats cool you saved that old Bayer aprin case to share with your wife on opening it,, I think I'd have headed to the truck and destroyed that thing to see what was in it.lol

Trapper, congrats on the six silvers and the other fine treasures! Even that little Bayer tin must of felt like a Cracker Jack box when you opened it, not knowing what your surprise was going to be.

Last edited:
Congrats on all the silver Trapper! I really like that Claddagh. Nice surprise in the aspirin tin!

Nice work Jack. Maybe cool and dry enough to make a looting trip into VA later this week.

Trap you always find the best looking rings . My wife turned her nose up on the two I found . 🤔 mine to keep 👍.
Good to see your getting out a bit. Over 200 in clad. Wow!
Congradulations on the silver buddy.
,Dew

Excellent finds Trapper! Glad you were able to get out!! Hopefully it cools down, too hot for me so I’m on a break! Lol

Very nice outing Trapper. Indiana has been hot as well,short morning hunts for me. Congrats on the silver, ring. Happy Hunting
Thank you Jonny for your reply. Last few years the Rings have been pretty scarce so I do appreciate these. Trapper
Nice group of finds Trapper. It sure is hot out there, I made it a whole 30 min today and wrapped it up, soaked ..Thats cool you saved that old Bayer aprin case to share with your wife on opening it,, I think I'd have headed to the truck and destroyed that thing to see what was in it.lol
Thanks Pete for the kind words. Got a break in the weather today so grass cutting and yard work were the priority. Hope to get out for a couple hunts this week. The aspirin case was lucky as I emptied my tools out of the truck just before that hunt. Was hoping the rattling was going to be Silver. Trapper

The Energizer bunny just keeps going and going and going...it’s very surprising that all these coins we ALL keep finding are STILL THERE! Tens of thousands of hunters and 45 years later we are batting cleanup on every one of these spots.
Nice numbers Trapper and neat little tin. ANYTHING could’ve been in there!
Now, if the heat will go &#$@ itself maybe we can get some clowns together and have a full on circus again....:yes:

Way to find some oldies and jewelry on each hunt, congrats. I bet that was a thrill opening that box to see what was inside. I hope you have some more favorable hunting conditions soon.

1955 wheat double die is a valuable penny. I was offered one in 1964 for $150.00 but being a poor broke E-5 sailor it was far beyond the reach of my wallet. Nice bunch of silver coins.

Congrats Trapper. You find so much silver. Nice finds and keep digging those silvers.
Thank you Charlie for your reply, it is appreciated. Every hunt I go on my intention is to dig Silver. Does not always happen but I'm happy when it does. Trapper
Trapper, congrats on the six silvers and the other fine treasures! Even that little Bayer tin must of felt like a Cracker Jack box when you opened it, not knowing what your surprise was going to be.
Thank you John. The Bayer tin was its own treasure. I thought it was a coin just from the rattle, was hoping for Silver but the Wheat was welcome. Trapper

Congrats on another fine outing Trapper!!! I'm still waiting to find a compact and here a little jiggle when I give it a wiggle brother!!! That's awesome!!!

AS usual, great report Trapper, congrats on the silvers, rings and such. The aspirin tin is a really cool find, someone was saving that coin for one reason or another. HH Mark

Nice finds. Congrats.

HD
Thank you HD for your reply. Weather has taken a great turn to better so maybe I can get out a little more again. Trapper
Congrats on all the silver Trapper! I really like that Claddagh. Nice surprise in the aspirin tin!
Appreciate your reply Scott, thank you. The picture does not do the Claddagh justice. Never dug a Silver ring before with such a polished shine. The aspirin tin was a nice side adventure to add to the hunt. Trapper

Nice couple of outings Trapper! I really like the claddagh ring, Congrats on the silvers, ring, neat Bayer aspirin treasure chest, and a fine clad haul too!

Back
Top Bottom