Another 3 day trip...5 rings!

volksbeetle28

So I had such a good time 3 weeks ago, I had the itch to go back. Headed out early Sunday morning and had my feet in the sand at 7 am. Hunted both cycle lows on Sunday and Monday and then the morning low on Tuesday. Ended up with 17.85 in clad plus a bunch of pennies. A little bit of bling jewelry but I did find some nice rings. First I found an 18k band 45 minutes into the trip so I was very excited and felt like that alone was worth the trip. Then later on in the afternoon low tide, I got a huge men’s ring. 19.4 grams of 18k. Found it in the surf. I almost didn’t dig it because if was ringing up on the equinox in the zinc range. I think it’s been there for awhile. I got it in a target rich area that had a lot of crusty clad from the ‘60s.

Next I got 18k plated ring. Then, a .925 claddagh ring, and lastly I got an unmarked ring. I’m going to test it for silver. It almost looks homemade. Also got a .925 necklace. First necklace I’ve ever found. Anyway I had a lot of fun and can’t wait to get back again.

Happy hunting all!
65ac85d8a24adbb12df4c4be53c74868.jpg
47572dba0c7dc6ed49139110ecbfc21a.jpg
bd805e45f193500a2996fd5823be4522.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dingding: Wow! That's an awesome kick butt 3 days!!

Wow that looks like a Great OC MD? Hunt! Love the rings!! Well worth the trip back. I've not been down there in two years, I think. Those waves are ruff!

:dingding: Wow! That's an awesome kick butt 3 days!!

Hot hot hot streak!

Very nice! Gotta love the high-karat gold.

Wow, what a great trip and better than I did on a my 10 day trip to Florida. Well done and congrats on that 18K!!!

Wow that 18k is massive! Congrats on all the finds :)

Wow that looks like a Great OC MD? Hunt! Love the rings!! Well worth the trip back. I've not been down there in two years, I think. Those waves are ruff!

Congrats on the plentiful and outstanding finds.

Congrats on those nice finds!

Thanks everyone! After acid testing, big bummer. 18, 14, and 10, acids ate through on the large ring. The smaller gold band held 18k and the 2 silver rings tested good. Definitely happy though. Thanks for the tip OBN!

Thanks everyone! After acid testing, big bummer. 18, 14, and 10, acids ate through on the large ring. The smaller gold band held 18k and the 2 silver rings tested good.

You did great, Anyone who has hunted OC knows it's one tough beach.

Back
Top Bottom