Gas station job pays good sometimes

poptopking

I was in the convenience store today close to my house and I always ask if the clerk has any silver dollars or gold dollars. Today the clerk just smiled at me and then told me last week a guy came in the store and bought something with 18 SILVER DOLLARS dating from the 20s. Then he said the week before that a different guy brought in a roll of wheaties. He always checks the till and gets the good stuff out and puts clad in its place. I know I won't go to that store when he is working.

I may get a part time job just to check for coins.:lol:

I was in the convenience store today close to my house and I always ask if the clerk has any silver dollars or gold dollars. Today the clerk just smiled at me and then told me last week a guy came in the store and bought something with 18 SILVER DOLLARS dating from the 20s. Then he said the week before that a different guy brought in a roll of wheaties. He always checks the till and gets the good stuff out and puts clad in its place. I know I won't go to that store when he is working.

I may get a part time job just to check for coins.:lol:

:lol::lol:

i was thinking about getting a job with coinstar they need Field tecs..

https://www.ultirecruit.com/COI1000/jobboard/ListJobs.aspx

that would be Great

that would be great! when i goto the gas statsion every time that cash register opens i try and eagle eye the change in it.

That sure is a good one pop. A friend had a coin store near a high school and the kids frequently brought in "caches" of silver coins to sell at his prices. steve in so az

Here is a picture of all the coins I collected of working at a 7-11 Gas station for two years. Over 300 coins. Wheats, Buffs, Jeffersons, And Mercs.

Attachments

• SDC12021.jpg
    SDC12021.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 265
At my grocery store I commonly run into wheaties. I also ran into a war nickel last week! Boy was that fun! Bus as to mercs, you just got to be lucky to get that, like that would make my head spin!

HH Michael

I talked to the Clerk tonight again. We have a small news flyer that comes out and it has pictures of people who were arrested for the week. Nice big color photos on the front. Well. the guy he got the silver dollars from is smack dab on the front of this paper on the counter at the store. The guy was arrested for Grand Larceny. The clerk told me he recognized the guy from the photo. I would almost bet the coins were sizzling hot from a burglary. The clerk seemed like he didn't care if they were stolen.

yea gas stations do pay. my brother in-law works for one and he came by today to show me his coins. i reached in the ziplock bag and grabbed the big one first. :D a 1992 silver eagle :shock: yea 1oz pure silver. i looked it up and told him about $40 as it has some minor scratches, but could have been worth a small fortune. next big coin out of the bag, 1922-d peace dollar :shock: i told him to take very good care of them and to never ever clean them. he also had a worn v nickel, slq- nodate, 43 merc, 44 wheat, 28 & 34 buff nickels

it was the first v nik i had held and the silver eagle weighed 1.11oz on my scale

Who the heck would pay with silver dollars?

Either
A. Someone who has no idea that silver coins have value beyond their denomination. or:
B. Someone who was broke and that's all they had to pay with.

My son works in a gas station/convenience store and i'm amazed at the amount of old coins he brings home.
Wheat cents, and silver dimes are very common.

There was a couple who came in twice a week that were breaking up proof sets to pay for gas and cigarettes.

Another time a customer cashed in $28.00 of silver quarters. I almost had a heart attack when he dumped 112 silver quarters on the table.

I think his best single coin so far was an 1837 Capped Bust Dime in such great condition that i'd like to get it professionally graded.

Back
Top Bottom