A trashy start, but a start nonetheless

Buscador

So I got a detector a while back but haven't had much chance to get out with it. We're visiting family stateside right now, so I brought it and spent some time in the inlaws' yard in East TN. I've been digging everything just to try and learn the machine - which is great for the practice but not so much for my back :). I've dug a crapload of trash items and about $1.40 of modern coinage. Figured I'd grab a pic for posterity, even if it is almost all destined for the trash can momentarily...
2675e312a7bb2f30b7584d73b23013ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

Nice start. I was very lucky to find a silver bracelet my first time out. With that being said I have found more than my share of junk. This hobby really grows on you the more you do it. I'm sure you will find a lot more. Keep at it.

Spent about an hour up on the back 40 of the inlaws', where there was once an old homestead. It's so trashy with iron its hard to detect even with the discrim turned up. Found a few items...the guts to a pocket watch, a piece of horse bridle or bit, plow tip, square nails, small part of a buckle, a Mason jar lid with milk glass insert, and some kind of cross pendant. All I can find from the house is the chimney pile in the woods and where the outhouse was. I'll probably hit it up some more later on.
a0ed4c654683f01b8d26e06c11576d9d.jpg

I go pro mode no discrimination on anything other than iron at 25 and go slow listen for higher tones ...iron will give them and grunt six inches away it takes practice... 40 60 70 reading are dug by me with a lot of good buttons and coins

Good start so keep at it clearing some of the junk and the good finds will show themselves.
Many of my good finds at old farms were with at least one piece of iron junk and sometime with three or more nails.

Only other thing I found that wasn't straight up trash is Pam's cheap Speidel ID bracelet. It was in my inlaws' yard and they have no idea who Pam was....
e7151fbd6e82b77fc84fe527168bf698.jpg

That looks like mostly old trash, and no pull tabs, there has to be some coins somewhere.

I do like the old pliers, I have a couple I cleaned up that are better than what you can buy today.

Whats the "heart" thing and the round thing down left of it? It takes a bit of time, but you will learn and love the machine.
The heart thing is a child's necklace with "Judy" lightly scratched into it.

The round thing is a Knox County rabies/dog tag from 1966.

Keep digging and learning. It in time will become fun as you learn what the machine is telling you. Wait till that first silver coin comes out of the dirt and see what your heart rate does. Mine Goes UP.

The heart thing is a child's necklace with "Judy" lightly scratched into it.

The round thing is a Knox County rabies/dog tag from 1966.

Nice, make sure you check it to see if it is silver, ya never know. Dog tags are always fun to find...

Keep digging and learning. It in time will become fun as you learn what the machine is telling you. Wait till that first silver coin comes out of the dirt and see what your heart rate does. Mine Goes UP.
I'm already having an absolute blast, even digging up garbage. I'm learning that I'm 'into' the anticipation of seeing what's under the beep. It's like gambling with no risk. Whenever better things come along, that's just gravy.

That looks like mostly old trash, and no pull tabs, there has to be some coins somewhere.

I do like the old pliers, I have a couple I cleaned up that are better than what you can buy today.
Over the past 2 weeks, I've unearthed what seems like a truckload of pull tabs and the old aluminum 2-litre Coke bottle caps from the yard. I have turned up 2 wheat cents and $1.77 in spendable clad. No silver, but I'm content during the learning process.

Got in another hour or so before packing up to head home to the Dominican Republic. Nabbed a big chunk of old chain, a thrown horseshoe, and other farm related bits. All in all, I'm content with the trashures I dig up the past couple weeks. It's a process.....

Back
Top Bottom