My oldest coin found in Wisconsin

wispool

Found an 1848 large cent and several other newer coins at a property that according to the history I found was purchased in 1850 and the original owner farmed it until 1876. It was originally over 300 acres but now the original house is on a couple of acres and the remaining property is subdivision. Saw the owner out tending his yard and I pulled in and asked if I could detect there. He said sure along with asking if I would help him pick up sticks so he could mow. I posted more of the finds and more of the story on the stories of finds section of this forum.

Attachments

• Large and Indian.JPG
    Large and Indian.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 468
  • Large and indian back.JPG
    Large and indian back.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 424
Tom in California will be sad he didn't get a LC. :lol:( Forum inside joke)

I utterly love the green emerald patina on the IH.

But as for the LC: I'm not falling for it. Since Wisconsin is east of the Mississippi, this qualifies another "east coast tall tale". :sissyfight:

And ... yes ... since Wisconsin is east of the Mississippi, that qualifies as "east coast" :laughing:

Great finds Bill! Finding large cents in Wisconsin is not easy. Research, research, research...

That’s for sure. I’ve been searching for five years and still looking. Great finds Bill! Looking forward to seeing the ocean at our meeting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom