(UPDATE - REPAIRED for $7) Has Your CTX WM-10 Wireless Module Died?

gordonquixote

Elite Member
EDIT: I ordered a $7 battery from ebay (3.7V 1000mah), swapped connectors, and....voila! I saved $243 because Minelab does not replace the batteries in the wireless modules, you have to buy a new one if it fails.

Here is the video after I replaced the battery (NOTE: no battery with the 1000mah rating was available that was as thin as the factory battery so I had to trim a few mm from the plastic fins that the battery rests on with a pocketknife...took less than a minute.

I maybe went detecting three or four times last year...probably only charged my detector and wireless module once.

This past Sat I dusted off the ol' axe and went to charge the detector battery and module....the module didn't blink. It was dead. KCo Repair said to push the reset button on the front, I did...dead. With it plugged in, it starts blinking when reset is pushed but it does not charge....dead.

Warranty ran out two months ago. :mad: Minelab said they do not repair the WM-10 and my only option is to buy a new one ($250).

So....I spent a while searching for a replacment battery. None available....apparently specially made just for ML.

I ordered a slightly different sized battery with the same voltage and amp-hours....I'll let you know if it works. I'll have to re-solder the connector on.

Has anyone else's wireless WM 10 module died out of warranty (or in for that matter)?

Good job Gordon! I did a similar repair on my GetDiggin (esentialy Rapoo) wireless transmitter last year. Then I went with TDK TH-WR700's becaues they us AAA batteries.

HH

Is there a brand name and or measurements for the battery you used?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom