AT Pro

Baumler

Hello, I recently recieved my AT Pro. Hunted an old house I hit with my f2 and ace 250. Pulled 2 more wheaties and some zincs, but I was wondering. If I am using my detector to the full extent I of course need more time on it but I am running it on Pro mode coins with my headphones iron discrim at 32 and ground balance at the auto 80 other I was just wondering if there was anything else to consider?

I have read the manual about three times but I am still unsure about auto ground balancing. Along with this negative gain???

Thanks!!!
Marcus

Always ground balance it on site before you detect. Auto ground balance is easy. Just hold the button down and pump the detector up and down with the coil flat with the ground. Once the noise stops it is balanced. I usually then bump it down a few manually.

Yes, the GB is critical. Just hunted with a forum member who hit another ring today with his AT Pro. That gives him 12 YTD and 5 in the last week or so.:shock:
He might not want that posted so I better not say who it is. But.......today was his Birthday!:wish:

I run mine in Pro zero. I don't like it automatically notching out things that I may want to dig. Definitely ground balance every time you turn the machine on at the hunt site. Other than that, listen close and enjoy! It's a great machine!

it doesn't hurt to GB often, many times ground conditions can change in a short distance. also remember to GB in a clean area

I run mine at Pro Custom, iron disced out at 40,no bars notched out, and 4-5 bars on sensitivity. Make sure your coil cable is connected well, and consider the smaller 5x8 DD coil. It helps in hunting those areas you thought you had hunted out as it takes more time to cover ground with it.

Only other thing would be to consider a headphone adpater and some Killer Bs or Gray Ghosts headphones to amplify those faint signals. I plan on doing that pretty soon too,

Ground Balance is a must. In highly conductive areas I sometimes manually ground balance it....but automatic works just as well.

On the AT Pro make sure that the cable coming from the coil up the shaft that it wraps over the top of the shaft(not under) starting up the shaft.. Can make a difference if you hear more chattering than you think it should be making..I will ground balance frequently, especially when I see the ground looks to be different.. Here, that can be every 20 yards in some cases..
Sonnydigs

If your after depth then its the larger coil you need, if high trash then the smaller, i found for coins i dropped the sensativity and went for the large coil, maxed out the ID and went for coin unnotching the two ringpull foil marks so anything over 40 was getting tones, ofcourse the sweet sound is still there, you could probably get your iron tones back on too...just incase you spot a nice low tone you might want to investigate, they arnt all nails and horseshoes

Back
Top Bottom