**Garrett AT PRO modifications**

well supposedly the infinium machine uses the same connection and there are adapters out there, but I think they're harder to find now that the AT PRO has caused an influx of seekers

I heard the infinium connector is different. It wont cut the sound on the Detector speaker when plugged in. Either wait for Garrett or make your own with garret pieces ..

i also think i heard that for 20 bucks you can get the waterproof headphone plug from garrett so you can put that plug on your favorite headphones(this would require you to swap plugs) basically you'd be puttin a waterproof plug on your own headphones

No falsing at all. Unless I'm in the house with the Sen. Wide open. Do you own an AT PRO? Its is by far the best machine I have owned.

If those people with the falsing would stop with all the inside air test, and do a ground balance outside I bet things would clear up.

If those people with the falsing would stop with all the inside air test, and do a ground balance outside I bet things would clear up.

There are quite a few seasoned metal detectorists who are experiencing the falsing that you speak of. Not all of them are doing air tests, using full sensitivity, and not ground balancing and yet are still receiving false signals. I am glad you don't have any falsing issues, but that doesn't mean some aren't having issues.

On another note, the infinium adapters (according to Garrett) are the same for the AT Pro, they now advertise their headphones for Infinium LS, Sea Hunter Mark II and AT Pro as they all use the same connection. Should be no audio heard while headphones are plugged in.

There are quite a few seasoned metal detectorists who are experiencing the falsing that you speak of. Not all of them are doing air tests, using full sensitivity, and not ground balancing and yet are still receiving false signals. I am glad you don't have any falsing issues, but that doesn't mean some aren't having issues.

On another note, the infinium adapters (according to Garrett) are the same for the AT Pro, they now advertise their headphones for Infinium LS, Sea Hunter Mark II and AT Pro as they all use the same connection. Should be no audio heard while headphones are plugged in.

This was talked about quite a bit. Here is a post from another website.

"The headphone adapter that i said that Texaspremium has will not work on the AT Pro.........He told me the adapters will not-cut off the external speaker on the AT Pro............ Ed at Texaspremium also said that garrett told him they are working to get a adapter made that will work on the infinium... the...Seahunter....and the AT Pro.... So he said he will not have any more untill Garrett gets them ready to go.......... Unless the one supplier he has now can rewire his to work on all 3 detectors........."

Add - Ons

Ok so help me here alittle. This is the MD that I am gonna buy. I was gonna get two different ones but being new I am gonna just do the Garrett AT PRO. I have a machine shop with lots of different types of solids, tubings and such. I know I can pretty much build what the add ons are. If I can build this stuff www.huntfishsupply.com I can do this. I just need to know what all and the weights that everything should be.Thanks for the help and input. Also who has the best price on the MD ?

If you plan on going under water with it get the garrett water phones (blue). If not the stock ones are fine... If you must have another set wait till garett releases the adaptor for other phones (should be out in a couple weeks.. allows you to use any headphone you wish...

The "garrett gizmo" is a solid aluminum rod that fits exactly in the garrett size tubing.. If you look at this video you will get a great idea of its size..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMbCxpBPcLM

This reason for the solid tubing works so good is it helps with the "feeling noise heavy" , and it does work!!!!

I have a bunch of solid aluminum and 2 lathes and 2 mills so making that will be a breeze. Any idea where the best price for the machine is? I thought Kellyco's but I don't think they were $565 , and I think I seen where someone on here paid $565 . I am welding myself an aluminum digging basket thing and already have the other tools that folks talk about.

They cant (list) any lower than a certain price.. You would have to call to get a better price! Oh, and to me all the other free crap is not worth what they say it is.. Maybe someone else can chime in on a "garrett" forum sponser.

I am within I think 2 hours driving time to their place. I thought maybe if I showed up and didn't want all the free crap maybe I could get some $$$ knocked off headphones, or a carry bag or something that I could use. I might just have to do that.

A lot of places are selling the AT Pro's for 499.00 with no free junk, just call around. I know of several.. HH Tom

Back
Top Bottom