Counterfeit Garrett Pro-Pointers

Its odd that the Fake one would say "Garland TX" on it and the Real one just says made in USA :?:

Being a Rookie Hunter and checking on accessories, I came across a few people on EBAY advertising a "GP Pinpointer as a Garrett product. I saw a "comparison" video of the GP vs Garrett and it performs no where near a Garrett...cost $15.00 plus. It operates on a different freq....insides look the same, size,shape etc. I took it upon myself to "call these people out" by sending the sellers a nice message about False Advertising, for what it's worth !!

New end cap

Found one on Craigslist, and after seeing all the fake ones available, I was erring on the side of caution.

This ones end cap is another mixture of what appears to be old and new as well as fake. Enough so that it made me put off the purchase until I could verify with Garrett.

Just received a call from them and it's the real deal. Was shipped to Cabela's just a couple months ago. The seller is only asking $100, and it's looks new, unused. Agreed to hold it until I checked with Garrett. Said he was just getting into MDing, and had bought one, then won this one as door prize somewhere.

Hopefully by the end of the day, this one will be mine.

Attachments

• Pro Pointer.jpg
    Pro Pointer.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 2,222
I had an issue with a Ebay seller posting pictures of the real G-PP and when I got mine in the mail it was a GP - PP. (Goint Metal Detector). The issue was resolved and a week later I got a real G-PP AT. Why? I don't know and without a battery, but I'm not complaining. The fake was supposed to come from Hong Kong but actually came from California.BEWARE of the description in BLUE or GREEN letters.

Any time you take a look on the big auction site there will be a number of fakes being advertised as Garrett products. If i can spot them in three minutes i am puzzled as to why Garrett tolerates it. They need to be communicating with the auction house and if necessary file a law suit to make them quit letting the scammers on the site. It is not only costing Garrett money when folks buy the junk they think that Garrett makes junk.

Pin pointers

yep,it gets worse guys you have to be very careful!!:shock:

Attachments

• fake & real.jpg
    fake & real.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 318
Back
Top Bottom