Pesky muggles.....

cfuller3

Forum Supporter
Got out last night for a couple hours before dark. Tot lot stuff. Nothing significant, few trinkets a few bucks. Anyway, a young kid was hovering around watching. I had noticed him but wasn't going to pay too much attention or it would just invite "more attention." I had already been through half a dozen "can I see, can I do it, what you got" type questions from others. I didn't see him do it, but he 'salted' my search path and was waiting to see if I would find it. I ran upon a quarter, on the surface, under the grass, and out of the corner of my eye I noticed him "freeze" and try to be "innocent" of the deed. I went past it. Then another just a couple feet in front of the first one. I went by it too. Stopped, turned to him and said "you dropped a couple of quarters". Want em? He then was a little taken back by it and didn't know what to say but stammered that I could have them, he was just trying to help me. I laughed and told him I didn't need them and wouldn't take em. At that he stooped to where they were thought to have been and noticed he didn't know "right where they were". So I turned around and pointed them out to him. The look was priceless. :lol: He grabbed them and ran to tell his buddies. It won't be too many years (or less) and we'll see this kid out there in my 'grounds'.

Pesky muggles.....

LOL non-metal detecting folk.

Ya I get that now and then. I like to change my direction right before I get to their planted coin and then they will pick it up and toss it out again only to have me change just before I get to it.

I've had a couple of experiences this summer with kids. It is kind of cute/comical but I can't say that I like it that much.
Last run it with them they were telling me that there is a ghost in one of the school portable buildngs. :shock: I said "have you seen it or heard it?" and they said "no but the janitor died in there and his ghost is there."
The kids kept following me around to see what I would find. I told them that all I needed was about 10,000 pennies and I could buy a bike like one of the kids had. When I started counting down from 10,000 with every penny I found, they got bored real quick and left. :lol: I think they thought I was nuts but that's ok, I got tired of the questions.

Back
Top Bottom