Noob Intro

Bluebark

Hey all, I just want to introduce myself to the group. I have never picket up a detector in my life. Now at 61 I am starting to think what I am going to do in my next phase and thought I would take up gold prospecting. Got some land in Colorado over the winter for when I hang up the job with a big fat mountain in my back yard. I figure if I start learning now I should be able to find something when i get there other than dirt. I have been lurking around for a bit and decided on the Fisher F2 as my first...although That thread on the Compadre was very interesting. I do have a question, are pinpointers worth it? Some of them are more than what I payed for the F2. Anyway, I am looking forward to my new life as a "Gold Prospector".

I forgot to mention I live in central Jersey by the river. Very historical area...I would love to detect on Bonaparte's old mansion grounds but it is a seminary now and I doubt they would let me on the grounds.

@GKL I"m on it. Thank you.

Well that didn't take long to answer my question...

Last edited:
:fmdfwelcome: We're glad to have you, and will look forward to reading your posts! After reading the above link, what are your thoughts on the pinpointer?

I find a Good pin pointer to be very useful when detecting the dirt. Helps to narrow the area that the target might be in. I would not want to try detecting without a pin pointer. If you get one get one of the higher priced ones as they WORK>

Hey all, I just want to introduce myself to the group. I have never picket up a detector in my life. Now at 61 I am starting to think what I am going to do in my next phase and thought I would take up gold prospecting. Got some land in Colorado over the winter for when I hang up the job with a big fat mountain in my back yard. I figure if I start learning now I should be able to find something when i get there other than dirt. I have been lurking around for a bit and decided on the Fisher F2 as my first...although That thread on the Compadre was very interesting. I do have a question, are pinpointers worth it? Some of them are more than what I payed for the F2. Anyway, I am looking forward to my new life as a "Gold Prospector".

Hello Bluebark, I got you by a few years on age and I must say that you are never to old to start T Hing.

By all means if you can afford one get a good pinpointer. You will be glad you did.

I've gold prospected in my state of Alabama and Arizona. Found some good pickers in Arizona and Colorado should be an excellent place to prospect.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Welcome! If you can stretch to a pinpointer get one. It’s not absolutely necessary but I wouldn’t go without mine

Back
Top Bottom