The Nox keeps giving

CLHarwood

Great weekend with the new Nox 600. Got permission to detect a 20x40 foot area where some neighbors tore down an old chicken coop on their property. Within 5 minutes I got a bucket lister...1909 Barber dime! After a couple hours of hunting this patch I ended up with the Barber, a 1900 V Nickel, 1902 IHP, a few wheat cents, some clad, and an old jack knife and part of a pocket watch. Oh, and a clay marble popped out of a hole I was digging. It was a great hunt!
So yesterday I decided to try the Nox at my local park, which I've personally pounded with my AT Pro. I know it's been hit hard by other detectorists over the years too. This park has tons of pull tabs and I found out the Nox loves pull tabs! But I dig them all and it paid off. I was digging a solid 14-15 signal expecting another pull tab but it turned out to be a V Nickel! Sadly it's wiped and I can't get a date off it. It was getting late and then I got a weird high tone. It was giving a real jumpy 30's signal, bouncing to some low tones when swinging different directions. Gotta dig it all though and I'm glad I did. Popped the plug and out came a beautiful 1941 Walking Liberty Half!! Another bucket lister!
To be fair, I'm sure if I swung over the half with my Pro it would have slammed it, probably just never had a coil over it. But I'm very confident I wouldn't have found the V Nickel with the Pro. Still, this new machine is proving to be a great choice! HH!
Md5oJE9Bhgf6XkqHA

wow, great hunt. the more I read, the more I have to agree, dig everything. I would have passed on the 14-15 and probably the jumpy 30 with low tones.

wow, great hunt. the more I read, the more I have to agree, dig everything. I would have passed on the 14-15 and probably the jumpy 30 with low tones.
Thanks! I wish I could keep going past those 14-15's. I know 99% of the time it's gonna be a pull tab but it's that 1% that keeps me digging them LOL. I'm going to do some testing to try to discriminate those out. Maybe switch to a single frequency and see if they give any different signal? Any tips or tricks you know of?

Back
Top Bottom