Handle mod question

mtruxfan

I have an RTG SS long handle scoop. It does not have a side handle on it but I'm thinking it would be a lot easier if it did. Will the Raptor handle attachment work, it says its for a wooden handle. I don't weld so I cant weld a handle to the side of it. The scoop works fine and I don't want to get another one I just think the side handle would help my arm out A LOT. Any feedback will be appreciated.

I have an RTG SS long handle scoop. It does not have a side handle on it but I'm thinking it would be a lot easier if it did. Will the Raptor handle attachment work, it says its for a wooden handle. I don't weld so I cant weld a handle to the side of it. The scoop works fine and I don't want to get another one I just think the side handle would help my arm out A LOT. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Yeah, the raptor handle will work. Basically the handle is two pieces that sandwich the shaft. It has four bolts that are tightened to compress the two pieces onto the shaft and hold it in position.

There is a pro and and con to the raptor. The pro is its great for dedicated water use. The placement and hold design of the handle increase your grip strength and make it far easier to pick up the scoop and shake the contents. BUT when I switch to hunting the sand, I have problems. My holes are usually pretty deep and the handle would often interfer with scooping out my 3rd-4th plug. Just my $0.02. :D

Moths d grip

Motus T-grip

$13.25

This lightweight, Canadian-made auxiliary T-grip mounts at the upper end of a garden tool handle and gives pushing and pulling control to the back hand. It also minimizes bending of the wrist and allows for full-body leverage when pushing. We sell lots of these Ts for use on metal detectors and scoops, too! Like the Motus D grip, the T was designed to offer arthritis and back pain relief and to reduce the risk of repetitive strain injuries, including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and tendonitis. The plastic grip is easily movable from one tool to another; you may need to use a wrench for tightening.

Ergonomic – Scientifically designed to increase comfort & ease of use, reduce injury or pain

Superior function – a universally great tool

Qty:

Add To Cart
Motus T-grip

$13.25

This lightweight, Canadian-made auxiliary T-grip mounts at the upper end of a garden tool handle and gives pushing and pulling control to the back hand. It also minimizes bending of the wrist and allows for full-body leverage when pushing. We sell lots of these Ts for use on metal detectors and scoops, too! Like the Motus D grip, the T was designed to offer arthritis and back pain relief and to reduce the risk of repetitive strain injuries, including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and tendonitis. The plastic grip is easily movable from one tool to another; you may need to use a wrench for tightening.

Ergonomic – Scientifically designed to increase comfort & ease of use, reduce injury or pain

Qty:

Add To Cart
SKU: MG001

Attachments

• 157CB7C2-D2FB-406B-9A0E-327BDED69645.jpeg
    157CB7C2-D2FB-406B-9A0E-327BDED69645.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 147
Motus T-grip

$13.25

Qty:

Add To Cart
Motus T-grip

$13.25

Qty:

Add To Cart

Have a link?

Smaller amounts ........ dig and dump. To big of scoops sometimes you end up chasing more targets anyway.

Back
Top Bottom