What Somewhat Common Dig Has Eluded You?

I'm on the hunt for any silver half dollar. Never dug one, but I don't really consider them somewhat common either. So I'll just go with a Chuck E Cheese token. Don't have those around here anymore. Used to be one in Eau Claire I think.

I’ve yet to find a pine tree shilling, gold coins, cob, large cent, trime, shield nickel, flying eagle cent, large cent, the list goes on and on and on!:

I had a lady friend who was a coin dealer. She found a pine tree shilling in a batch of foreign coins that she bought by the pound. Whoever sold then didn't know what it was.

Mercury dime for me. But i have only found three silver dimes overall and an 80% Canadian one. This thread is making me feel lucky on my Indian Head penny count.. Eight of them in the 10 months I've been detecting. Went a long time without a Buff then found two in a two-week period.

Flying Eagle penny. I have found Large Cents, V-Nickels, Barbers, Seated, Capped, 2 Cent, III Cent, Indian Heads and even two gold coins but not a single Flying Eagle.

Same here. 30+ years detecting, 23 gold coins, countless silver dollars , quarters & halves... seated, standing, walking, Barber, Shield, V, you name it. Still can’t find one of those damn Flying Eagle cents. Haven’t found a capped bust, 2 cent or 3 cent coin either but the Flying Eagle irritates me the most. Thought I had one a couple of years ago. Got all excited but after cleaning it turned out to be just a crusty IHP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started in 2017 so I have not been metal detecting seriuosly for very long. My first silver was a war nickle, but no Buff yet. I found a 1867 2 Cent piece and then a 1851 Seated dime a week apart on the the same site. I got extremely lucky on those two. A big zero on IHP's so far and I have hunted plenty of places that could have them. I finally found two silver Washington's so far this year, but no SLQ yet. I have found many Merc's and Rosies, but no Barber dime yet. Zero half's or silver dollars so far. I got a lot of coin types to find yet. I am pretty much obsessed with metal detecting so maybe I will be able to check more off the list soon.

I actually know some one who found a pine tree schilling. Ive found around a hundred large cents and colonial coppers, but only 4 seated silver. I'd rather find more seated any day. Also a barber half has eluded.

Here is my list of common coins that have eluded me ... actually here is the list of things I've found:

Wheat Cent

I still am looking for anything other then clad & a wheatie. :mder::detector::woot:

I have found a seated dime, A Barber half and several Barber dimes but have yet to find a Barber quarter. I have found over fifty Mercuries as well as other silver halves and dimes. I want to find a twenty cent piece.

I need a standing liberty. I have many seated(including 1841 o half dollar), many barbers, many mercs(including 1921d),around 200 indians, also found weird things like trime, fishscale, half dime, two cent pieces, large cents of many variety, buff, war, v, shield. But the darn standing liberty anything is plain avoiding me.:mad:

Since I first posted I have found a franklin half last week a war nickel today. So that leaves the barber quarter and v nickel and I'll add a barber half and a walker to my list.

Since I first posted I have found a franklin half last week a war nickel today. So that leaves the barber quarter and v nickel and I'll add a barber half and a walker to my list.

Thanks for the update. I've found a few of my missing ones since I created this thread too. Now I want a Barber Half and the Silver dollars!

Silver war nickel, shield nickel, Large Cent, walking half, any seated quarter or half. I have been lucky and found a Morgan last year, so I can't complain too much. Plus I am only on my 3rd season, so I have time to find plenty more.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Since posting, I have found a war nickel, and a seated quarter.
903306225c680d1ffac854201d59689e.jpg
58e99dabdc7023f2c457f0cafc6c6211.jpg
09657e7121ea98a32bff15cd8a946285.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom