Connecticut Detectors

Lostandfound

Is it just me or is it that finding targets are few and far in between these days. Even finding clad coins lately seems to be a challenge. :mad:

Huh ?? But you're from Connecticut, right ? Then finding oldies (LC's, colonial coppers, reales, busts, etc....) shouldn't be hard. Just go to any street corner. Put a blind fold on. Spin around 3 times. Then throw a rock in any direction.

It is bound to hit an L.C. So what's the problem ? :?:

Is it just me or is it that finding targets are few and far in between these days. Even finding clad coins lately seems to be a challenge. :mad:

What do you expect when everybody video's tapes their hunts and posts it on social media... you get all these people coming from other states and slam these spots...

Last year someone posted a beach that I knew and he was showing all the wonderful gold he and his friends were finding so I went and cleaned up some gold for myself...

Hunt minis tides, don't tell anyone where you are hunting unless you can trust them...

Remember that beach years ago I found all that gold on the day you were there with that huge scoop? It gets hunted on a daily basis by these youtube wannabe's...

What do you expect when everybody video's tapes their hunts and posts it on social media... you get all these people coming from other states and slam these spots...

Last year someone posted a beach that I knew and he was showing all the wonderful gold he and his friends were finding so I went and cleaned up some gold for myself...

Hunt minis tides, don't tell anyone where you are hunting unless you can trust them...

Remember that beach years ago I found all that gold on the day you were there with that huge scoop? It gets hunted on a daily basis by these youtube wannabe's...

Craig I don't even post my finds at all. I have a few private spots I go to that I do well at and lately I've been stepping in someone else's holes. I've seen a lot of new hunters using the Nox now in water who would never have been there before.

I stepped into the future with a new 920xi scoop and a carbon fiber handle. Best scoop ever

Craig I don't even post my finds at all. I have a few private spots I go to that I do well at and lately I've been stepping in someone else's holes. I've seen a lot of new hunters using the Nox now in water who would never have been there before.

I stepped into the future with a new 920xi scoop and a carbon fiber handle. Best scoop ever

I have been dirt hunting Gene and having a great time doing it... I may try and get out this coming weekend for the minus tides.. depends on the weather though.. too much rain this year... I have my menieres under control right now and feel much better..

I believe that there are more and more people taking up the hobby every day. They have access to multiple forums where they see all the great finds. But they do not realize the hours, days, weeks that we have searched hard to find those items.

Detecting clubs are now on facebook and again easily accessed by the general public.

Some folks actually believed those so called detecting shows were real. And that those finds were actually worth hundreds of dollars.

I rarely show any of my few finds.

I have far too much competition already. It is not unusual to see many coil swingers on any of the three local beaches any time you are there.

same here in Wisconsin. 6 junk rings this year. every lake is fished out and every beach is hunted out. gotta keep looking for a new spot. social media hurts our spots.

You guys have no idea how good you've got it over there. I have guys that will run 10 yards in front of any direction I'm going. If I find a pocket of targets I rarely get through a few before the interference from other detectors makes it nearly impossible

I was killing it in Europe, but when I returned home to FL.... I spent 3 hours to only find one penny. And to put salt in the wound, I think it was a pity penny that a jogger tossed at me :laughing:

Absolutely. Case and point, Vilano Beach in St. Augustine Florida is a beach about 100 yards long. There are two local, retired hunters that live in the houses behind it and they hunt every morning and evening. There are about 20 of us that live nearby and occasionally swing through. But I also take my kids here to boogie board...and when I do, I see at least one RV an hour that pulls up, a pasty-white northerner jumps out and hastily whips out a detector to golf swing along the beach. Of these folks, many believe it is a secret haven that no one knows about. Bwhahaha :lol: Then there is at least one a month that says they did "research" by watching a YouTube videos and figured out the location....which they tell me because its in St. Augustine, it must have a treasure trove of reales and gold dubloons.

Crazy thing, I know someone that frequently finds reales and has even found one old gold ....but he finds them in CT and MA, not FL. :roll::toofunny::heartylaugh:

... I have my menieres under control right now and feel much better..
:hi5: Great to hear, go get 'em!

I believe that there are more and more people taking up the hobby every day. They have access to multiple forums where they see all the great finds. But they do not realize the hours, days, weeks that we have searched hard to find those items.

Detecting clubs are now on facebook and again easily accessed by the general public.

Some folks actually believed those so called detecting shows were real. And that those finds were actually worth hundreds of dollars.

I rarely show any of my few finds.

I have far too much competition already. It is not unusual to see many coil swingers on any of the three local beaches any time you are there.

Amen George,

Silents is Golden...

I’m in CT and don’t kill people’s spots, have many good ones of my own or really care too much. I have fun doing it and my kids like to come with me too. We hunt old cellars and sometimes the beaches down I. Old Saybrook where we spend time. I’d like to find more stuff but hunting and fishing always seem to get in the way.

Good luck to the rest of you CT detectorists. I will admit that I probably would never have purchased a detector if it wasn’t for seeing all the cool relics people posted over the years on this forum.

I was killing it in Europe, but when I returned home to FL.... I spent 3 hours to only find one penny. And to put salt in the wound, I think it was a pity penny that a jogger tossed at me :laughing:

Absolutely. Case and point, Vilano Beach in St. Augustine Florida is a beach about 100 yards long. There are two local, retired hunters that live in the houses behind it and they hunt every morning and evening. There are about 20 of us that live nearby and occasionally swing through. But I also take my kids here to boogie board...and when I do, I see at least one RV an hour that pulls up, a pasty-white northerner jumps out and hastily whips out a detector to golf swing along the beach. Of these folks, many believe it is a secret haven that no one knows about. Bwhahaha :lol: Then there is at least one a month that says they did "research" by watching a YouTube videos and figured out the location....which they tell me because its in St. Augustine, it must have a treasure trove of reales and gold dubloons.

Crazy thing, I know someone that frequently finds reales and has even found one old gold ....but he finds them in CT and MA, not FL. :roll::toofunny::heartylaugh:

:hi5: Great to hear, go get 'em!
I love the golf swing...…...I'm not finding anything but I got my handicap down to an 8 :laughing:

The Nox craziness has really put more hunter on the beach and in the water in Fl. I suspect this winter will be madness with the AT Pros being replaced. Big shock when they find out Red Tide has kept the crowds way down....... so they best hope for recent drops.

Showing your finds isnt the best for business. I like the u-tubers..... lot of hunting info and i guess im not a serious hunter i dont get to concerned about how many hunters are out there..... i just do my thing. However.......there are always the exceptions ..... you know those hunters who follow you so close you hear their machines. Those guys you just want to drown. But for the most part i get a chuckle about those who look at you and jump in front of you and constantly look back to see if you are digging anything..... or hurry along like mice hoping to get it ALL.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom