Best find yet, gold ring

LongJohnSilver1

Elite Member
I found this last weekend. Going to be hard to top.
14 grams, 3 real diamonds
It has 2 stamps inside, one 750 and a 375. I think theres 2 different gold purities in it, anyone who can cast light on this is welcome. I did a displacement test and got an sg of 12.5 which is 10k gold

Attachments

• 20200418_131501.jpg
    20200418_131501.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,517
Looks like maybe a spinner ring? 750 is 18K gold and 375 is 9K. Phenomenal find! I watched one of your vids the other day i think, very nice scenery and looks like a blast! Stay safe out there, and happy hunting! :cool:

Yeah, is the inner or outer ring the 18k though? It so damn heavy, itjust fits on my little finger but i can feel it weighing my finger down

Fyi it doesn't spin. Maybe there's sand stuck or maybe thats not what it is.
I've found 2 other gold rings this year but this one dwarfs them

Fourteen grams!? :wow: Eyeball estimate at 14g says higher than 10K average. So the 2 stamps indicate 2 different purities, but is there a PT or other markings? I'm wondering if the 2 different metals are yellow gold and white gold, white gold and platinum, or some other combination? Specific gravity test wouldn't be accurate with multiple materials. I would guess the markings are for real, but have no clue what the breakdown is. Nice dig!

My "eyeball estimate" could be off, because I don't know what size any of those coins are. The dark one in the middle looks like a US quarter??

No other marking inside it, the 2 dollar coin you can see it sitting on is 20mm in diameter. So size wise it's not a big ring at all. But damn it is heavy. I hadn't considered a mix of platinum it would explain the weight.
I should just take it to a gold buyer and get them to measure it with xrf.

I found this last weekend. Going to be hard to top.
14 grams, 3 real diamonds
It has 2 stamps inside, one 750 and a 375. I think theres 2 different gold purities in it, anyone who can cast light on this is welcome. I did a displacement test and got an sg of 12.5 which is 10k gold

Its a possibility that its 18k and the 375 is the weight of stones if those are stones in your ring...

I find it hard to swallow they would mix 9k gold with a 18k ring... my opinion its the weight of the stones..

I'm no expert, but I find the 18k/9k theory much more plausible than the weight of the stones, especially since 375 is such a universal indicator of 9k gold. Where is op located? Australia, England maybe? That would lend credence to the prevalence of both 9k and 18k gold used in jewelry. I think it's just a unique ring with a unique combination. The only times I've seen diamond weights inscribed on a ring, it also included some diamond indicator like "ctw". Again, I'm not an expert and this is just my opinion.

I'm no expert, but I find the 18k/9k theory much more plausible than the weight of the stones, especially since 375 is such a universal indicator of 9k gold. Where is op located? Australia, England maybe? That would lend credence to the prevalence of both 9k and 18k gold used in jewelry. I think it's just a unique ring with a unique combination. The only times I've seen diamond weights inscribed on a ring, it also included some diamond indicator like "ctw". Again, I'm not an expert and this is just my opinion.

I'm bored... I can't go metal detecting all our beaches here are closed so I threw my opinion out there :D

Back
Top Bottom