Baggage tags, religious medals and tokens

grinsebring

Global Moderator
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Over the last week I have been preparing for our community annual yard sale.
There are about 2 to 2500 visitors each year. I decided to unload some of my finds from years past. I put out a limited amount of various items. Every once in a while a collector will ask "do you have any more of these?" I put on my best poker face and say I do, but really not to anxious to part with them.

This year I'm putting out a few coins, a couple baggage tags, a few tokens, and some religious medals. I was astounded by what they get for some of these things. After marking 2 bucks on a lot of things I decided to see what ebay bids were on them. Yikes, 25 to 50 dollars, and they had bids! RR baggage tags 25 dollars, are you kidding me? and there were bids. Tokens, I thought I was up to speed on some of them till I ran into a Winchester arms badge circa WW1 for a munitions factory. Looks like a five bucker to me. Think I will research it. Oh, cool, I got this ready to go and the average market price is in the 100 to 200 dollar range.

Why it pays to research everything before you toss it into the also ran pile.

Ahh if you ONLY knew what I had melted before I found value!! Even as recent as this year I had a Pandora charm bracelet with charms melted.

Live and hopefully learn!!

Back
Top Bottom