I think someone dipped into grandpa's coin collection!

turtlefoot

Headstamp Addict
Not bad for three shifts from the cash register.

picture.php

Five earlier Jefferson Nickels, one Buffalo and three silver dimes.

picture.php

Five Wheaties and an earlier Canadian penny

I don't know if the next two are really anything, but they sort of look like grease filled die errors.

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for looking.
Doug

Nice job Doug! I remember back in HS (Mid 80's) when I worked the register I could always tell when I dropped a silver in as it always sounded different.

I watch the registers at work and catch some decent finds every once in awhile.

Once found 21 war nickels in the drawer. The wrapper that they came in said
"Wartime" in Sharpie. :grin:

That looks just like the coins that I dump on occasion, to spur future collectors.
I dump Indians, worn buffalos, hundreds of 1938-1958 nickels, etc...I set them aside and when they pile up - I dump 'em -

I was thinking it could be dumped coins. I have found a lot of dug clad in the register. I keep trying to find out who it is, but someone in the town that I work in parks in a public parking lot and has a very nice "Relic Hunter" window sticker on it.

Doug

The coins keep trickling in. I have pulled about a dozen more Wheaties, including a steel one, one more silver dime and another buff.

Doug

Keep yer eye out! The dumper is waiting to dump the silver dollars last! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I hope so. I have been going to work with a pocket full of change each day so I can quickly buy what I want. I have the debit card and the ATM there if I need it for the silver dollars.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom