First Class Ring - Returned

MDC

Forum Supporter
Hit the dry sand for about two hours tonight and came home with a Harvey Mace sterling ring and a 10k class ring. Already working on locating the owner of the latter. Heading to bed 'cuz I'll be in the water in the early AM with my Excal. Happy hunting.

Update 7/10/2012: The ring is shipping out tomorrow. On the phone I made sure to mention I found it while metal detecting. Good luck out there.

df453f91.jpg

Very nice! I have found 2 class rings so far and have returned one of them. This last one I found has been in the water for 30 years.
I have gotten no replies on that one yet. Good Luck!

I haven't found a class ring yet... plenty of platinum and gold, and OUNCES of silver rings. Maybe one day tho.

Good luck on locating the owner. Karma always comes back to ya.

Bobbypins..... ill gladly trade you a class ring for a PLT or Gold one. My wife ensures everyone i find goes back if possible. I think ive gotten 4 this year and 3 have went back. Love to find those big chunks of gold.... even if it does cost me to return them. You get a lot of pleasure from returning them.

Dew

asian schools don't have a tradition of making class rings. i don't think you will find one that easily...

There are NUMEROUS American schools on the multitude of military bases on island. They have class rings. Plus all these young GIs just getting out of bootcamp. Surely SOMEONE wears their bling to the beach. :laughing:

Congrats on your first class ring. I really like that other one, it's petty cool looking. Keep digging and HH

Step 2 of 4

Hi everyone, thanks for your comments.

I was unable to find a match for the owner of the class ring via search engine (and social media) so I called the school today. They know who the ring belongs to. Hopefully I'm contacted this week so I can send it their way.

Below are images of the rings I found:

IMG_1581.JPG

IMG_1579.JPG

Great job, hope you find them, I found one and the girls name was stamped inside and I called the company and worked it through, its a great feeling, hope you find them,,

Steps 3 & 4 of 4

I just got off the phone with the owner's mother, who was contacted by the school at my request. Tomorrow the ring will be packaged up and shipped out as the owner lives a couple hours away.

The mother offered to pay COD but I declined. She said I must be a "good Samaritan" to which I just chuckled. Before hanging up she asked me to make sure my address was included so she could send a thank you card.

Thanks for reading and good luck out there. -Mike

Back
Top Bottom