Lancaster, PA

Shuman47

Hi everybody, I've found a a very promising spot near where I live, which is just south of Lancaster City. I was able to spend about twenty minutes there before dark. I found some old trash at up to 15 inches but nothing to great. It would be great to have a buddy (or two, or more!) considering this place is a BIG field. I was told by a longtime resident of Lancaster County that it was a campground and an outdoor concert area a long time ago. If anyone is interested I am a member of the Lancaster Research and Recovery Club.

Hey Shuman, not too far from Lancaster send me a PM, if your looking for help. Give me some details. See if we can work something out.

i live in adamstown which is not to far from you. maybe we could hook up sometime.

Thanks guys, I could use the help! The spot I'm looking at is a recently aquired part of Silvermine Park near the little town of Marticville where I live. As I said before, it used to be an old campground and an outdoor concert area back in the 60's-70's I believe. Feel free to stop by there yourself if you want, or maybe we can meet.

Lancaster pa

I live in Lititz,I got some rich and promising spots! I've been to the silver mine park and actualy was going to see a concert there but got cancelled!

I live in the Ephrata area and just got a MXT- consider me a newbie , maybe we can get together sometime

Hey, count me in! I'm in Ephrata. Someone pick a date and let's meet up and do this with style!

Thanks for sharing a promising prospect!

PS. I now see this post is 2 years old...DOH. If anyone wants to go hunting, give me a PM...

hahaha

i remember reading someone on here was teaching there dog to detect and had plans to hook a detector to there dogs stomach. Then it wouldnt be a person using the detector , only a canine!!!

Lancaster

My inlaws live in Manheim and i'll be hunting around there this weekend (tomorrow and Sunday). Not sure where to go, I called the County Parks Commission who informed they detecting is prohibited in all Lancaster County parks. If anyone is interested and looking for a buddy to hunt with this weekend in the area please let me know.

Chris

Beginner

Am retired and just getting started. Am looking at a Fisher F2 and a Garrett 250 or maybe other suggestions. Live in the Ephrata area.

I know it's an old tread but I live n Lancaster, am new and wouldn't mind hunting with someone. I'm not bad at it so I wouldn't be a drag, slowing you down or anything. Let me know if you're still looking.

Back
Top Bottom