Best way to sell my gold???

Dinger51

Elite Member
What is the recommendation and opinion of those that have turned their gold in for cash? What is the best way? Most money per ounce? Where to go?

I have never sold any scrap gold before, but I have recycled a bunch of other materials like copper, brass, stainless steel, aluminum, etc. Whatever you do, DO NOT send it to one of those companies that sends you an envelope in the mail. Those companies will rip you off big time! I would weigh it all on a digital scale or a triple beam and write down how much gold you have based on the different carats. Then, find a well-established jeweler or maybe a good scrapyard that buys gold. I am not sure who would give you more money? It would probably be better to get a few different quotes to give you an idea who pays the most. I hope that this helps some.

I've wondered this also. Lately there is an, or several gold buyers that come to town, say the local motels, probably a conference room, and buy gold and jewelry and the like. I was unsure of the value paid by these guys also. Seems too convenient.
Would be interesting to hear what others have to say.
Sorry I didn't have any answers for ya.

Some items depending on the quality and age, would sell for more than weight if sold on EBAY or another auction site. There are collectors out there that would love to buy some of the unique or rare rings, broaches, necklaces, etc, that people on here find. Just another option

Somewhere on here is a thread about selling your gold and silver, but I have yet to find it. There are places that will give you good deals on melt value.

As Ron mentioned this question comes up occasionally. I like quite a few others use Midwest Refineries. They are reputable.

Gary

I had a thought....I could sell some of my gold I haven't even thought about for years and years. One ring doesn't even fit anymore. I could take the money and purchase a detector to grow into.:tumble:

I was looking at those "send by mail" companies and became so leary. I would really like to hear more as well. I think I have close to an ounce of 14K that I would never wear or think about. 3-5 hundred would help add to the savings for a new toy!

I'd say ebay. You if you are selling nuggets There are some on there that range from 10 grains to few pounds with prices that seem to be over the price of gold, seems like a good place to sell your stuff. Good luck:)

Last edited:
Redundant here, but.

It depends on what you have. Only scrap should be sent to Midwest. I have sent old silverware set to them, they pay close to spot.

Other items, ebay all day.

Fine jewelry, email me. I buy.

Good luck, Paul

gold is realy down right now $747.00 but it going up, so unless your in a real bind for cash you should hold on to it ;)

also remember 14k is only about 56% gold so a once of 14k may only fetch $320? after fees -guess. try ebay for unbroken jewlery set the reserve price just above scrap value you should do much better

For what it's worth (maybe not much) my mom sold some gold last month. She worked in a jewelry store for over 30 years (since out of business) and tended to lean towards better quality stuff. She wanted to clean out stuff she doesn't use anymore and shopped it around for a few weeks. The companies that claimed to pay top dollar from hotel rooms didn't, the jewelry stores she took them to locally were more reasonable. The stores were probably looking at retail value more since the pieces were nice. If there are stones in anything, make sure they get appraised/bought too. Just my 1.5 cent. Curt

Back
Top Bottom