X.CASH: East India Company.

Doug

Elite Member
I have never seen one of these coins before so it was with the help of Google I managed to ID it.

Other coin ID's courtesy of a UK forum member.

All from stubble fields (England)

Thanks for looking...........Doug.

X.CASH coin.

Various items.

Hammered silver coin, Roman coins bottom right.

Henry VI Calais Halfgroat: minted AD 1422-30

Oh so tiny hammered silver coin.

Henry 5th AD 1413-22 : John or Henry 3rd AD 1154-89

Last edited:
Y'all sure do have a bunch of neat old coins to find. Those are really interesting finds. Big Congrats!

beephead

Y'all sure do have a bunch of neat old coins to find. Those are really interesting finds. Big Congrats!

beephead

Thank you.

It was late last night UK time when I posted the finds, I have just realised now I had the wrong post title, now corrected.

Holy.......I know this coin! We had these for sale in the shop and you can still find them all over. Your coin is more than likely a dropped coin, but our coins were a promotional deal. Affordable shipwreck coins from the "Admiral Gardner" from 1809. We sold beautiful coins for $30. They came in a larger cardboard promotional holder. Almost every day someone would ask why a shipwreck coin is so affordable, we had the same answer every time. When there is nearly 53 million of them and nearly all the coins found on the wreck was the X Cash, they become affordable.

Great find, brings back memories.

Always fascinated by your finds Doug. Keep the pics coming! Congrats!

That halfgroat is really beautiful!
It is what I envision any hammered silver coin would look like:D

Thank you for your kind comments and views.

A very interesting set of finds this week with an unusual 12th/13th century medieval double headed seal matrix.

I have never seen one before as most seals only leave an imprint from the bottom of the seal.

I'm currently away from home with family awaiting for Father Christmas to arrive so I wish all my American cousins a Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year.

Doug.......England

Back
Top Bottom