I Won't Be Doing That Again!

beephead

Elite Member
I headed out early this morning to do some detecting knowing that I couldn't stay long since I had dental appointment later today to get my teeth cleaned.

I got to the site and pulled out my F75DST with the NEL Sharpshooter search coil attached and started swing away. About 15 to 20 minutes later my fingers felt frozen so I jump back in my SUV to warm up. I got out some Hothands and pinned them with safety pins inside of each of my gloves where they would rest on the back of my hands. It was frigging 18 degrees outside!

No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get my search coil over a silver coin for nothing. All that I was finding was a bunch clad and couple wheat pennies, so I decide to leave for another site. I sure didn't want to get skunked.

Upon arriving at the new site, it didn't take me long to get my search coil over a nice sounding high tone with VDI number of 75. That's a silver dime reading, but it seemed a little too shallow for a silver coin. I dug down about 4 inches and popped a 1944 Mercury Dime. That made me very happy and I jumped in my SUV and headed for the house. That's one less silver coin that I'll have to find to be able to hit 250 by the end of the year.

This was my 90th hunt for the year and my grand total for silver coins this year is 243.
I'll total all my gold and silver rings and other jewelry at the end of the year.

beephead

Attachments

• F75DST 1944 Mercury Dime 001.jpg
    F75DST 1944 Mercury Dime 001.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 331
  • F75DST 1944 Mercury Dime 003.jpg
    F75DST 1944 Mercury Dime 003.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 326
  • F75DST 1944 Mercury Dime 009.jpg
    F75DST 1944 Mercury Dime 009.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 322
  • F75DST 1944 Mercury Dime 005.jpg
    F75DST 1944 Mercury Dime 005.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 330
Thats some fine work in those kind of temps Brother! It should be warming up a little and you can fill in this years ticket in style!
Mud

Wow way to hang in there weather is supposed to moderate the next 10 days that's a really clean Merc good luck mark

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Thanks Everyone! It's going to be quite a bit nicer out today, so I may hit it again today. There's not many days left in the year to get out and detect.

beephead

Eighteen degrees...now that's hardcore! Way to go!

Luckily there was little or no wind. If the wind had been blowing even at a modest 5 to 10 mph, I would not have lasted 2 minutes before throwing in the towel. The only thing that got cold were my hands. The work gloves that I use for Winter detecting work great down to around 30 degrees without hand warmers in them. Atlas ThermaFit, I love them!

beephead

Back
Top Bottom