Dr. Henry J. Heimlich, Famous for Antichoking Technique, dies at 96

The man has saved an enormous amount of people . It's people like this that have put so much effort into helping society that makes their passing that much more somber . Thank you ,and RIP .

I used the Heimlich technique one time,
a teenage gal was choking at a busy McDonalds, on a French fry.
One saved :D

RIP Dr. Heimlich, your method I've used to save my father choking at a wedding rehearsal dinner, and also a lady who was choking on popcorn while driving.

I saved a kid once at a movie theater, heard a lady screaming and everyone was just standing around looking at this kid trying to gasp for air. He hunched over so I grabbed him from behind and thrust him up real good once on the breastplate and out popped a mint bouncing on the ground. The lady screaming was mom. While everyone was checking him out, the family and I hauled butt outta there. My adrenaline was pumping so fast and I was a little paranoid someone might press charges. Late 90's when everyone was suing everybody.

I saved a kid once at a movie theater, heard a lady screaming and everyone was just standing around looking at this kid trying to gasp for air. He hunched over so I grabbed him from behind and thrust him up real good once on the breastplate and out popped a mint bouncing on the ground. The lady screaming was mom. While everyone was checking him out, the family and I hauled butt outta there. My adrenaline was pumping so fast and I was a little paranoid someone might press charges. Late 90's when everyone was suing everybody.

With all the stupid lawyer adds on TV, I hadn't realized anyone had stopped suing. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom