Looking to upgrade from Fisher F2, need some advice.

Rawkfist

I love the Fisher F2 tones and response time. I have been using it for almost 2 years now and have really gotten to know it. However, I think it is time to move on to something more powerful etc. My father let me use his ATP for a week or so and I like it but I am not sure if I should purchase it or another Fisher.
Are the other Fisher brands (more advanced models) going to be similar to my F2?
Will going to another Fisher model (i.e.Fisher F70/75 etc) be easier than going to the ATP?
Just not sure what to upgrade to. I also like the fact that the ATP can go under water if/when I ever go that route.
Thanks.

You will love the AT Pro. I went from Fishers to the ATPRO and it was a smooth transition. If you would like a quote on your new ATP. Shoot me a pm.

Good luck whatever you choose!

If water is in your plans ATP. If not, the F75 is a better performer on land.

Both great mid priced units.

I always wondered if I could get decently good with the F2 what could I do with an upgraded unit with more features, settings and abilities.
I also wondered if all the language I learned using the F2 would transfer over.

I was aiming for anything from the F5 on up but a fire sale deal on a new F70 came my way and I bit.

I didn't know what I was doing for awhile, there was so much more power to be utilized, a bit more jumpy behavior but eventually I came to realize the language was pretty much the same, nothing I learned on the F2 was wasted but there was just much more to learn.

I found really tiny and decently deep silver on my first hunt, a quality large gold ring on my third and as I learned the finds got better and better...and deeper.
The upline units just live at a deeper level than entry units, in both great soil and bad I have reached areas I could hardly believe.
I have accomplished things I never thought possible and my jaw has not stopped dropping since day one...still is.

I started a review thread that became that long F2 blog where countdown what I learned as I learned it with the F2.
I started one on the day I got the F70 and you can read all about my initial learning curve in it if you want and get an idea of what it can do.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=173474

After a cross country move from a state with some of the best soil in the country to one with some of the worst I have found that this thing is more than up to the task and I am doing things I again never thought possible in this devil dirt...things that I just could never do with the F2 before.

There is no boredom threshold in sight so far, that is important to me.
With every tweak of my settings I can see results and improvements, I have no idea when or if this will ever end.
Picking up this thing and deciding to stay in the Fisher family and use and improve on what I already knew was the best decision I have made in this hobby so far.

Planning on lots of water hunting I would go with the Pro or something else suited to that...not so much and you have a decision to make.

F75ltd2

You will do good, might not be semi waterproof, but a big different between mid range & high end, you will like the DST, Boost, Fa , modes, the ID screen with back light , tones, are 10 times better than the ATpro, the little 5dd coil I have hit 9-10 inch dimes on side walk strips, not to mention Gold, it's time for you since you know Fisher machines allready , TO> jump to the top> bypassing mid range machines, happy hunting Earl

You will do good, might not be semi waterproof, but a big different between mid range & high end, you will like the DST, Boost, Fa , modes, the ID screen with back light , tones, are 10 times better than the ATpro, the little 5dd coil I have hit 9-10 inch dimes on side walk strips, not to mention Gold, it's time for you since you know Fisher machines allready , TO> jump to the top> bypassing mid range machines, happy hunting Earl

right now the regular F75 is cheaper than the F70 and if you add the 5" bundle it's still $350 cheaper than the LTD and only difference is boost process and cache modes.

How does the F5 or other Fisher F series models compare to each other? I guess my price range is in the $500-700 range.

The F5 is sweet because all the adjustments are right there and easy to adjust at a seconds notice while hunting, individual analog knobs instead of a menu driven control

picture.php

some things I've done to mine
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=234747

The only thing I wish mine had, is backlighting, but I'm working on a fix for that

Find a couple you tube reviews, you'll be amazed how this less expensive model has a ton of features, the F75 if you can afford it, is still an awesome deal currently, but when I get an F75(and I will) I'm not selling my F5

DM Looks

Like you get the 11dd & 5 dd coils in the LTD bundle. I still ? why Fisher is discounting the F75 so much, there high end machine. I am thinking something new will be coming out soon , on the high end .:imo:

Back
Top Bottom