Spectra vs e-Trac

I have Etrac, Safari, Ctx, V3i,,,, but 8 out ten times when i go hunting i grab my F75 with nel sharpshooter or one of my 2 Deus machines. I am sure that didnt help much lol but just had to throw it in!

I wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to give me some input on this purchase. I've elected to get a used v3i from jerr-man on this forum.

I wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to give me some input on this purchase. I've elected to get a used v3i from jerr-man on this forum.

Congrats, down load the manual and start reading now... Re read again, then go find the advanced users guide and read twice, before using. Seriously this is a very very intricate machine, that requires a tremendous learning. The good news is there are a lot of who have posted help to help clear your path. Once you get a heads up on it, it will become easy.

Congrats, down load the manual and start reading now... Re read again, then go find the advanced users guide and read twice, before using. Seriously this is a very very intricate machine, that requires a tremendous learning. The good news is there are a lot of who have posted help to help clear your path. Once you get a heads up on it, it will become easy.

Excellent advice here.

I hated the Stock coil on my V3i, i was a lot more happy hunting with the Whites 6x10 and the detech 4.5x7 coils. If you experience the same with the stock coil then try something else before you sell it out of frustration.

I hated the Stock coil on my V3i, i was a lot more happy hunting with the Whites 6x10 and the detech 4.5x7 coils. If you experience the same with the stock coil then try something else before you sell it out of frustration.

I don't even know where my stock D2 soil is these days, it's been that long since I've used it. I'm an SEF coil guy, mainly the 8x6. The only Whites coil I like and use is the 4x6.

First SEF I bought was the 8x6 and within 3 mos I found my most silver coins. Oldest was an 1877 Seated, then forst Barber dime, then two Barber quarters, another Barber dime and a Buffalo plus other Barbers, mostly all found within 2 weeks. This was in a spot where many veteran friends were asking, "What's happened to Martin?" In short, I'd always been last in the running up until then.

Definitely try another coil type if all you've used is the stock coil. I finally began liking my V3i once I moved on.

I haven't had a problem with target ID on the V3i. I don't so much care what the VDI numbers are. If I pin point and either 2.5k or 7.5k are hitting the hardest (and it is clearly not iron), I am digging it. If it has a high VDI number and 22.5k is hitting hardest, it is most likely iron.

I don't get caught up on VDI numbers, and I don't dig much iron. I do dig pull tabs, but, there are so many other things in that VDI range it is hard to ignore.

I have both a Whites Spectra v3i and Minelab CTX 3030. For beach/water the CTX cannot be beat. I also notice it falses way less than Whites on junk.

Now for non-water hunting, I do prefer the Whites color graphical interface it is slick and very user friendly.

However, the Whites feels way heavier and not as well balanced as the Minelab in the field when hunting for long periods of time. I get fatigued way faster using the Whites than the Minelab. I think that is due to the carbon fiber shaft in the CTX and better weight distribution.

Love both machines and use Whites for land and CTX for both. Personally, I think Minelab is way more accurate and eliminates more false positives than the Whites. The ability to create and download custom search programs in the CTX is a game changer and I am surprised whites is behind the curve here in tech.

Back
Top Bottom