Ordered two detectors today... Need advice

The deus is a turn on and go for beginners it has 10 preset programs basic1 and basic 2 should serve you well. NOW your gonna have to do your homework and determine what kind of hunting you like to do and then learn what kind of settings you need for that BUT thats down the road CUT it on and hunt in basic 1 to start. If your ground is mild dont worry about ground balancing I hunt with mine on the preset 90 99% of the time.

Well you've spent a lot of money for a hobby you may not actually enjoy. I'd advise you to buy a Garrett 250 and an ATP.

The 250 is a great starter machine. You should spend about 3-6 months with it and learn the basics and then move to the ATP. Your friend can use the 250. I started with the250s and found a lot but more important I LEARNED a lot. I now have 8 machines including 2 ATPs and they get 80% of my use. And the 250 gets used too by me and my friends.

I would not sell the Deus! It is as much of a turn on and go machine as any other. Just don't worry about all the things you can tweak and run the preset programs till you get the experience you need,,,, then you will not have to upgrade to get a top of the line machine when you are ready for one! You already will own it!

Should I send all of them back and start over? I just went with what the dealer said was good to go.

You have one of the best detectors with the XP Deus. No do not send that one back. I know nothing about the racer, but I do know about the ATPro. That's what I started with, then upgraded to the XP. You cannot compare the ATP with the XP as they are in different leagues (XP has much more capability). The ATP is supposed to be waterproof to 10' and you can make the XP waterproof as well.

32ad1af2f118f6f26d369466c08e8a8b.jpg

That's a Aryca waterproof case for the iPhone 4 which is housing the XP control unit...and since the XP is wireless all you need to do is run some RG-6 coax from the coil to the control unit.

dcc465767115f7201f749eee3298b996.jpg

...or you could just buy the waterproof kit that is made for the XP.

3986530b611b43911c06467ba30bbc74.jpg

Like calabash said the XP is a turn a go machine as well, using the preloaded programs. The difference is the XP will grow with you as you become more experienced. It can operate across 4 frequencies (4khz, 8khz, 12khz, 18khz) plus allows you to adjust the settings specifically to your site conditions and the type of hunting you are doing. It also has one of the fastest recovery times (reactivity) to any machine out there. This makes the XP one of the most versatile machines there is.

As far as learning it. Search YouTube for Gary's videos and purchase Andy Sabisch's book and you will be well on your way.

Keep the deus, send back the Racer. Tell your friend to buy his own machine lol.

You can run the stock programs on the deus until you learn it better. Definitely overkill for a noob but at least you won't have to upgrade down the road.

It's a killer machine but the learning curve might be steeper than other machines.

I would NOT advise you to waterproof the deus. It's not a water machine. If you want to water hunt, get an excal, cz21 or at pro (if freshwater)

Back
Top Bottom