I am considering a White's Coinmaster 2

mhallack

Elite Member
I love my BH Tracker 2, but just feel I need something a bit better. I am on a tight budget though (need to win the damn lottery!!:mad:) But anyway my local hobby shop sells White's detectors. Not many in stock but can order any of their models. What they do have is the Coinmaster 2, for $279.99. I can do this at the beginning of the month, and the boss (wife) gave me the thumbs up.:D

I'm just wondering on anyone who has used it, has it, or knows about it. I am doing research myself too, but need other input. Thanks!! I pretty much look for coins, love the clad, but want more silver, and relics. My big thing with the BH is that it's just not finding the deep targets unless it's a huge piece of iron scrap. Does the coinmaster go pretty deep. It's hard to tell with the BH, I have found good targets 6-8 inches and I hit spots, but a lot of times I feel it's missing a lot. Thanks

I love my BH Tracker 2, but just feel I need something a bit better. I am on a tight budget though (need to win the damn lottery!!:mad:) But anyway my local hobby shop sells White's detectors. Not many in stock but can order any of their models. What they do have is the Coinmaster 2, for $279.99. I can do this at the beginning of the month, and the boss (wife) gave me the thumbs up.:D

I'm just wondering on anyone who has used it, has it, or knows about it. I am doing research myself too, but need other input. Thanks!! I pretty much look for coins, love the clad, but want more silver, and relics. My big thing with the BH is that it's just not finding the deep targets unless it's a huge piece of iron scrap. Does the coinmaster go pretty deep. It's hard to tell with the BH, I have found good targets 6-8 inches and I hit spots, but a lot of times I feel it's missing a lot. Thanks

There are a few here that use it and sing its praises, but it is not one of the most popular detectors at this price range from the amount of posts I have read.

For about that same $279 price, you might consider also looking at the Tesoro Silver, The Ace 350 or the F2 with the DD coil.
All reported to run pretty deep, especially the DD coil units.
Also a used Xterra 305 or a used Cibola might work for you, too.

I have the whites coinmaster [$179] but not the pro
My detector seems good for about 6 inches max on coins
and I'm thinking the main difference between the two machines besides the
extra $100 is the notch out feature. The three rings I've found
[silver and gold] came up as a pull tab or zinc. So I'm not sure if I would
want to use the notch out feature very often. With my whites
I discriminate just nails. I think I'd have to agree with Digger27 to check
on the others in the same price range

Well you know what myself and bbphoto would recommend, the Delta 4000. He has had VERY good luck with his. I love mine too. Considering we all share similar soil conditions you should do well with it too. The price is 279.00

Well you know what myself and bbphoto would recommend, the Delta 4000. He has had VERY good luck with his. I love mine too. Considering we all share similar soil conditions you should do well with it too. The price is 279.00

I keep forgetting about this line.
Basically a cousin to the F2 with a few more neat features, so also another good choice.
Considering Bucksport hunts in the same type soil, good advice here.

The Coinmaster Pro is patterned after the Prizm series and I have owned a Prism V and 6T and liked them both. The only problem that I would have now using the Coinmaster would be the fact that it does not have the numerical target display that I have really grown to love. The 6T was a great detector and had the TID and I had no problems with it depth wise. The 6T with the 4X6 DD Shooter coil was a totlot coin magnet. I think that Whites customer service is the best and they really stand behind their products. With this being said, I am using a Minelab X-terra 705 now and I really like it. You might check around on the Classifieds for a used 305 or even a 505 that would be within your budget criteria. Some others have mentioned some good alternatives also. I don't think that the CM Pro would be a bad choice for you and a definite step up from the BH but I would not consider it a depth monster and if that is your main reason for upgrading then you might want to consider Minelab. The X-terras are very versatile, light, easy to use, and are deep.

Contact Richard at Backwoods Detector Sales, they have a Demo Model X-Terra 305 for $270 unless it sold, but its a pretty good deal. or talk to a couple sponsors and see if they have any used unit/demo models for like the 305 or something. most demos come with a good warranty card and what not so its a pretty good deal when you do come across them! =]

Back
Top Bottom