1785 House produces a new personal best

Swinglow

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
I started the weekend off meeting up with CaptainSilver and broncosfan to do some beach detecting. Bruce was kind enough to give me a lesson on the Excal and needless to say, I'm 100% convinced on buying a dedicated salt machine now. The rain chased us away unfortunately but it was badly needed. That led to yesterday. I had permission to detect the 3rd oldest house in town but put it on the back burner due to dry soil conditions. I was told 3 people have been here before me. Yesterday was the day and although still VERY dry despite the rain, I picked through TONS of trash and iron and managed to pluck 6 silvers from the desert like conditions. I started with the big 11" coil but quickly realized I needed the 9" in all the trash and iron. This is where the Deus really shines. While I had visions of capped bust coins, etc, I'm certain they are there, just hiding in the deep stuff waiting for a good rain. My previous record was 5 silvers in a day so yesterday was a success. The buff was a 1934 in good shape. Mercs were 1943-D and 1941. Roseys were 1946 and 1949, Washington was a 44-s and the War nickel was a 1944-P. I thought I might pull off a nickel or dime trifecta but it wasn't to be. Silvers 41-46 on the year and back on pace to beat last years 50 silvers.

Attachments

• ag1.jpg
    ag1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 249
  • ag2.jpg
    ag2.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 252
  • ag3.jpg
    ag3.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 245
  • ag4.jpg
    ag4.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 250
  • ag5.jpg
    ag5.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 247
  • buff.jpg
    buff.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 243
  • open blade.jpg
    open blade.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 249
  • ag6.jpg
    ag6.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 244
  • ag clean.jpg
    ag clean.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 245
Nice job George! Congrats

You gotta come hit this place with me once we get some rain. I found what looks like a cellar hole in the back of the property right as I was getting ready to pack it up.

You gotta come hit this place with me once we get some rain. I found what looks like a cellar hole in the back of the property right as I was getting ready to pack it up.

Shoot me a text! I got class Mon and tues , but I'm free the rest of the week!

WTG on all that silver! With all the rain we got it only soaked down about 1/4"

We didn't get much rain at all up here, it mostly pounded the shoreline. When I got up in the morning, there were puddles in my driveway, yet the dirt was still rock hard and so dry you couldn't dig a plug without it just falling apart. At one point I even switched to my piranha shovel hoping I could cut a little deeper and get a decent plug. Nope..just as bad, only it spared my hands from taking the abuse. It would've been awesome if this property had better upkeep and a lot less trash.

Back
Top Bottom