Hunted a couple small yards, got silver

goes4ever

Elite Member
Finds from today hunted a couple real small yards. Got some wheats, war nickel, two mercs, good luck token and a 1929 half penny. Fun day!

Attachments

• 9-6-14.jpg
    9-6-14.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 458
You hunt small yards and find that, I hunt a huge yard from a huge victorian home built in 1876 and find one wheat penny:laughing:

You hunt small yards and find that, I hunt a huge yard from a huge victorian home built in 1876 and find one wheat penny:laughing:
The reason I have come up and u tell me if u agree with this.....big huge old yards look GOOD to everyone that detects, and most of these houses have had several people over the yrs knock and ask to hunt it. With the tiny yards most people dont ask because they want a BIG yard and the small yard can be cleaned out in an hour......well after 7 yrs of detecting yards in my town there is NO more BIG yards left I havent asked to detect. And therefore I started knocking on doors with these tiny little yards and 90% of them have silver in them....and I honestly think because people dont knock and ask at very many tiny yards.

People who live at tiny yards still drop coins just like people who live in big yards lol

The reason I have come up and u tell me if u agree with this.....big huge old yards look GOOD to everyone that detects, and most of these houses have had several people over the yrs knock and ask to hunt it. With the tiny yards most people dont ask because they want a BIG yard and the small yard can be cleaned out in an hour......well after 7 yrs of detecting yards in my town there is NO more BIG yards left I havent asked to detect. And therefore I started knocking on doors with these tiny little yards and 90% of them have silver in them....and I honestly think because people dont knock and ask at very many tiny yards.

People who live at tiny yards still drop coins just like people who live in big yards lol

Yep I think you nailed it. My best yard hunts have been in packed 1920s cities with lots and lots of houses with tiny yards.

Good stuff there!! Odd to see that half penny on this side of the pond......maybe a show-and-tell that was lost.

Nice digs man!!

I have always done just as good in smaller yards myself too..

With a really small house it is easier to get stuffy, and run out of room with some company... I think people might spend more time outside in really small houses..

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom