Found a great peso today.....

sleepyjim

Elite Member
Was out detecting with my friend and mentor TonyAz today in my new favorite lot in the whole world.....I had the Deus just fired up and got a bad tone and good one mixed, VDI said 51, dug about 6" down found a rusty nut, put it in my bag (Taught and practice carry it out!), rescan the hole and I get only good tone , and find a coin covered in dry dirt, look at it and see the Mexican eagle it seems on one side and what looks like a face on other, BAM got me a peso with 18xx date......I go to show Tony while blowing off some dirt and then see a shield on an eagle, bigger BAM it ain't no peso, it's a dang shield nickle, which is cool cause I never had one of those, I hand it to Tony and declare my shield nickle find.....Well Tony looks at it, then me then tells me how dang stupid I am and blind as a bat! (not really, he said that is no nickle it looks like a gold coin, but to my ears I heard the former...LOL),

WHAT????

Sure as heck, look what me Deus found me today, a find of a lifetime!! I have not cleaned (nor will I) and it turns out to be a key date!

Attachments

• IMG_0787.jpg
    IMG_0787.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_0788.jpg
    IMG_0788.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 423
  • 5Dface.jpg
    5Dface.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 423
  • 5Drear.jpg
    5Drear.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 424
:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Congrats on a once in a lifetime find!!!!

Was the VDI on your machine the same as a nickel or lower?

peso

Like i said --GREAT FIND!!!! I apologize for the mis- information i thought it was an 1866-which is a key date--i guess i was excited too---still an AWESOME find Jim---......:wow:...............:wow:................:wow:.............:shock:................................Tony AZ

peso

Just for e-trac users out there jim passed it across my coil and it registered a 12-29 and sounded real good-- would have dugit for sure --i dug up a heavy gold ring last month that was a solid 12-28 on the e-trac...sorry jim if i'm cloggin up your post..............Tony ............

wow congrats on the gold coin nothing like finding one
I remember the day I found mine like it was yesterday
welcome to the club

I think you dug your new avatar. Relish this find as they don't come around often. Your mentor has taught you well. Congrats on a rare Gold Half Eagle and a very awesome hunt. Jack

Back
Top Bottom