Found a great peso today.....

Wow! That is amazing and good job on not rubbing that thing right out of the ground, I know I would have been scratching that coin to dust rubbing it!

needs to be moved to eye popping section! did you have a spare set up undies i know i would have needed them. Freaking awesome find!

LOL I have a habit of finding nice coins and thinking they are something else, Tony is always telling me what they are....sounds weird I know but I do not wear my glasses detecting (blind? Maybe it seems...) and I see part of something and think..Bam its a.... But Tony laughs and tells me the correct info....Man my mentor and friend is good at IDin stuff and being a friend!

My 2 cent piece was so covered in crud thought it was junk or something and Tony pulled my head out....

I am going back to see if I can find its mate.....

Jim

Awesome!! Every detectorist dream!!! I just saw JoeRedcorn on YouTube find one last weekend as well. Congrats!

Was out detecting with my friend and mentor TonyAz today in my new favorite lot in the whole world.....I had the Deus just fired up and got a bad tone and good one mixed, VDI said 51, dug about 6" down found a rusty nut, put it in my bag (Taught and practice carry it out!), rescan the hole and I get only good tone , and find a coin covered in dry dirt, look at it and see the Mexican eagle it seems on one side and what looks like a face on other, BAM got me a peso with 18xx date......I go to show Tony while blowing off some dirt and then see a shield on an eagle, bigger BAM it ain't no peso, it's a dang shield nickle, which is cool cause I never had one of those, I hand it to Tony and declare my shield nickle find.....Well Tony looks at it, then me then tells me how dang stupid I am and blind as a bat! (not really, he said that is no nickle it looks like a gold coin, but to my ears I heard the former...LOL),

WHAT????

Sure as heck, look what me Deus found me today, a find of a lifetime!! I have not cleaned (nor will I) and it turns out to be a key date!

HOLY COW That is a find of all finds right there, that is one hard coin to top =) congratulations man I'm doing the gold dance for you that is so cool :cool:

On the Deus it rang up as 51 buried and 50 on the ground....

Jim

Note to self: Dig anything over 40 from now on. :laughing:

That is a banner find right there. I think I would've dropped dead on the spot from excitement.

now do yourself a favor and get a redbook so you can ID your coins. :D

Back
Top Bottom