It's official!

DirtNasty

My 250 got delivered today and I'm hitting a tot-lot and a park after work. In two hours I'll officially be and MD'er! I'll post pics of my finds (if any) later.

Only had about and hour and a half of day light left by the time I got to the park. Got some signals as soon as I got there and dug trash the whole time. Still excited about getting more time on the new detector today and finding some cool stuff.

Now you've done it! The hook is in and the first good targets you dig will set it.

Took me 1/2 a month and 20-25 hours to find my first coins and then the gates opened and now I can find them anywhere.

This is a hobby of logical progression...everything you learn adds up till you hit those "eureka moments".:newidea:

Still happening with me, and this hobby just keeps getting better and better and more satisfying with every nugget of info that manages to stay inside this head of mine.

Have patience and try to have fun digging even the bad signals, you learn the most from those.

HH

I think I had my sensitivity turned too high. I turned it down to four bars and I went to a grassy area behind my work building. I found some foil, a small chunk of aluminum, a .357 bullet casing, and an old lock. Nothing special but I feel the detector is being more accurate with the lower setting. It was going nuts at the tot-lot yesterday.

Congrats on the new Ace 250 its a good machine things only get better as you practice more and learn the machine . Most people run theres at 3 to 4 if you get to high you get alot of false signaling , if you don't have alot of trash you may be able to increase it up a little to help get a little more depth . Good luck and good hunting keep it fun and you will always enjoy the hobby .

Harold

I know the feeling.

I've had my Ace 250 a few weeks and two things I've learned. #1...it is way more sensitive than my Bounty Hunter...picks up everything! #2...to SLOW DOWN on the swings and keep the thing level to the ground.

On one trip I only had an hour and swung like crazy to see what I could find in the little time I had...lesson learned there...only found 1 penny! Next trip I slowed down, listened to my machine and was hitting every few feet...dimes, pennies and yes, lots of pull tabs and pieces of wire, but it still felt better than just finding that one penny!!!! On a trip to another park my machine went nuts...so much trash...sensitivity turned down and all was better. Learn the 250, slow down and watch the sensitivity. Oh yea, one more thing...keep digging. :grin: HH.

What would you guys recommend for a digger? I just have a $3 gardening tool from Home Depot. Also, I get hits that come and go. It will ding then nothing. Like the object just goes away. Falsing? My sensitivity is on 4 bars and I'm only searching for coins. Sometimes I'll get a ding and dig 2x as far as it says the object is and find nothing but rocks. Suggestions?

First, the Lesche Digging tool is top of the line... will not break, or Predator Tools has good stuff as well. Not sure about the intracacies of your MD, but if it beeps, something is there.... HH RickO

I got my Ace 250 July 1, 2010. The only other MD I have before this was a Bounty Hunter with no pinpoint and that sucked.

I have a bucket of junk (trash, keys, lighters, spoons, fishing weights), square nails, a bag of coins, relics and in the last week I've found 5 rings (3 silver & 2 gold) and a silver necklace pendant.

All the rings were found on school grounds near baseball fields. People throw their rings off.

I'm still learning my Ace. But I've learned to dig ALL, if I want to find gold. I run my ACE 250 on Jewelry with sensitivity all up but 1 bar most of the time. If you start to get multiple tones, back down the sensitivity to see what is closest to the surface. Less SENS = less depth.

The ACE will find you coins, just learn it. Do air scan test and lawn test with different metals: nails, foil, pop cans, coins, rings, etc. This will help a ton.

Good luck.

It will beep once then I can't find it again. What's that about?

I get that with mine as well. Not sure what it's about, but I won't dig until I make sure the target gives me repeatable signals. If I get a signal that's iffy, I'll re-approach the target at a 90 degree angle and swing some more to see if it repeats and/or give a clearer signal.

Yesterday I did exactly what Owl34 suggested. I would back off and reapproch the target. If I didn't get a clear signal I would disregard and move on.

Back
Top Bottom