Introduction and a question.

Farmer_John

Good afternoon. I am currently living in Eastern Europe (originally from NC) and while I am here I was thinking metal detecting could be alot of fun considering the amount of history everywhere there is bound to be fun things to find.

My question is I dont know what kind of detector to get. and the amount of options to choose from is mind blowing.

I would like a metal detector that is good on land and preferably also able to be used in water as I would like to try the lakes and rivers and at the beach every once in a while around here as well.

I am looking at the garret AT series as I have heard its good intro metal detector but its only rate to ten feet
I am also looking at the CZ-21 but its also x2 the price.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions about the models above or any models not mentioned I would love to hear it. I would ideally like to buy a used detector but it looks like its hard to find them used.

Welcome from NW PA. That's a wide range of terrains. If it were me, and I could afford it, I'd be jumping on the Equinox band wagon..

Welcome from Western Washington! Garrett AT Pro is great for the price but a couple hundred more EQ 800 may be a great investment. I may need to get an EQ 800 myself!

Since you want a detector that is submersible, that reduces the amount of detectors you have to consider. Minelab has just released the equinox 600 and equinox 800. The 600 would be a great beginners detector and can be bought now. They run around $650. The 800 is hard to get now due to the demand so expect to wait for 6-8 weeks to get one once get on a dealer's list. Both the 600 and 800 are getting excellent reviews and should be seriously considered. But there are several companies that make submersible detectors. Garrett and White's are a couple popular detectors to look at.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you are looking for good quality in a reasonable price range. Smart basis. I don't know enough to recommend any certain machines, but maybe you can visit more than one dealer in your area? They should have good info (if you can trust them), and they might have used machines as well as new.

Welcome from Michigan.

They have some very strict laws over there in places on detecting. I hope you do your research.
Its a hodgepodge but its also legal I have a lawyer actually digging through alot of stuff for me. and working on some permissions on private property where some ww2 skirmishes were fought. But I also have some more latitude than most to do what I want.

Sounds like you are looking for good quality in a reasonable price range. Smart basis. I don't know enough to recommend any certain machines, but maybe you can visit more than one dealer in your area? They should have good info (if you can trust them), and they might have used machines as well as new.
I plan to only have one machine (I hope its not like my gun collection lol)

Welcome aboard, John, from a South Carolina Newbie!

Welcome to the forum from NC! I like my Nox.
sounds like the two of us are neighbors. while I wont be back in NC for about 6 mo to a year, maybe we can meet up some places in the carolinas for some detecting fun

I love my Equinox 800. There is a learning curve, but it's really not bad compared to other machines I've owned and it's soooo light! I'm jealous. Metal detecting in Europe has always been a dream for me.

Back
Top Bottom